Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eye Level?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Bruce Lindfield, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Occasionally I listeb to a local radio station called Solar and they have some realy funky stuff on at certain times of the day. You can actually listen to them via the Web :

http://www.tunes.co.uk/solar/

But the reason I really posted was that I heard some really funky bass playing on a track by a band called "Eye Level" and realised I didn't know anythig about them or who their bass player was?

Anyone else like them or know about the bass player(s)?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

No, I found this website as well, but the band I heard wasn't really Jazz, more like dirty funk - think :Fatback band, Kool and the gang, Parliament Funkadelic etc.

I may have the wrong spelling as I only heard the name on the radio - so it could be "I - level" or some other weird spellling?

4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Bruce, I checked the radio station and couldn't find Eye Level as being scheduled to play, but I did get a kick out of Neil Aimes whose music is described as "quality garage and jazz." Gotta love that.