Eye twitching.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dan1099, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Over the past few weeks, my left eye has been twitching in spurts pretty much all day long, and it's really starting to drive me crazy. I wouldn't think twice about it, but the fact that it hasnt gone away yet is really obnoxious. Is there something I can do to make it stop? Is there any serious problem going on I should see a doctor about?

2. that happens to me when i am not getting enough sleep or am over stressed
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Those are typically the causes.

My wife used to get that in med school sometimes.

brad cook
  4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
  5. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars

6. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I've had a similar thing happen to me over the past few years. I started taking a multi-vitamin and limiting my computer time which seemed to stop it almost immediatly.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

That would happen to me during periods of high stress.
  8. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Same here. EXTREMELY annoying.
  9. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Happened to me during law school. Tons of reading and stress. Not sure which one or both caused it.

Eat well, get good sleep, exercise, vitamins, drink lots of water . . . will all help you to reduce stress, and if it persists go see an eye doctor just in case. You only get one set of eyes.
  10. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    IIRC from a tv show I saw, musscle twitching is cause by the blood flow through the muscle group. Cant remember what causes it though. PM Dr Mike or Surgeon, I'm sure they'd be able to give you a real detailed answer.
  11. McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I had a problem with eye twitches earlier this year. I thought a bit and realized that I was missing some stuff from my diet. I had some vitamins every morning and a bananna with lunch and it cleared right up. I decided it was a lack of potassium but I'm no doctor.
  12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Take a chill pill. :)

My eye also does the same thing when I am really tired or stressed out. Doesn't seem to be a big deal.

13. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I have a hard time believing that eye twitches are caused by a lack of some mineral or vitamin. My wife asked a neurologist when she was in med school and he indicated that the most likely causes are generally lack of sleep and/or stress.

brad cook
  14. McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Shh, it stopped right? Almost like a placebo. I decided it was a lack of minerals and i took some it stopped. Psycosomatic placebo type stuff
  15. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Not acording to Tom Cruise!!!
  16. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Well, it's my RIGHT eye that's been doing the same.

Together we're normal.

Or, together we can't see for $#!+. ;)
  17. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Well, I can't really think of anything I'm stressed about. I'm actually quite happy with my life right now. And I seem to have been getting a pretty solid amount of sleep, but come to think of it, I've been having trouble getting to sleep when.I go to bed. The trouble with stress is, often, you dont realize you are stressed out.

Part of me thinks I have heard something about potassium, as well. Can't hurt to eat a few bananas and see if that helps. Maybe I'll spend sometime soul searching as well, and see what's going on in my life to cause this.
  18. whats your caffeine intake like?

when my was sky high, i twitched, generally, a lot... :)
    also coming down effects can be twitching, for me...
  19. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Not very high, at all. Maybe a pop or two every day, and I rarely drink coffee anymore.
  20. eldave777

May 24, 2005
    Eat a bannana. It could be a lack of potasium in your diet. HOWEVER it could also be the onset of Bells Palsy. I am going threw that right now and it sucks. The right side of my face is temporaily paralized. Not numb, I just can't move it. I suggest taking a B complex vitamin just in case. Make sure it has B 12 in it. And of course eat a bannana in case that's all it is.