1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD F Bass AC-5 Alain Caron fretless bass in Amazing condition FS only

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jibreel, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    Sold !

Up for sale is my amazing F Bass Alain Caron AC-5 fretless bass. I recently purchased this bass here on TB. This is by far the best bass I have ever owned is clearly the modern sounding fretless bass sound that I want. I am a four string player which is why I am selling this beauty.

I just had to have one though and am so glad I bought it. When and if a four string model comes on the market I will jump on it !!!

This AC-5 bass is in very, very good condition. The seller I purchased it from had sent it back to George for a complete restoration. The bass was refinished, the fret board was dressed, all other components were inspected and repaired as needed and the action was set very low.

Disclosures:

The only imperfections I find on the body are a few extremely small imperfections in the gloss finish. So small that a camera will not pick them up.

The volume knob is slightly noisy when first rotated but then becomes completely quiet. Most likely minor cleaning is needed.

This is a staggeringly amazing sounding and playing bass that I will be very sad to see go. I wish five string configuration worked for me but it does not.

Comes with F Bass hard sided case. This bass also has an ebony ramp. Strung with F bass strings. Dunlop recessed strap locks.

[ If you want to pay by check or money order, you can keep the $120.00 PayPal fee. I can provide references for your safety. In keeping with TB policy, please be clear that I am offering YOU the savings. I am not trying to do a hidden “no fee” PayPal transaction. ]

Here are the specs:
    Nut Width: 45mm (1 3/4")
    Width at Last Fret: 80mm (3 1/8")
    Fingerboard Radius: 10" - 16"
    Scale Length: 34.5"
    Number of Frets: 28
    String Spacing at Bridge: 19mm (3/4")
    Neck Wood: 3 piece quarter-sawn maple
    Fingerboard Wood: Gabon Ebony (Black)
    Body Wood: Figured Maple/Spruce Top
    Tuners: Black Gotoh tuners with 20:1 ratio
    Bridge: Handmade Gabon Ebony
    Knobs: Handmade African Blackwood
    Pickups: Piezo pickups in the saddle & single coil magnetic pickup

DSC02106_zps96ec24d2.

DSC02113_zps58189523.

DSC02109_zps532cf767.

DSC02107_zps72f2fd4d.

DSC02110_zpsfbbe94e7.

DSC02111_zps304f14f4.

DSC02114_zpsf76e326a.

DSC02115_zps9b6a417f.

2. The only reason I ever sold mine was to get a 6-string, and then life got in the way.

This is the juiciest fretless tone you can get. I found myself just sitting there droning notes on and on and on. The AC bass really serves up twice as much as you put into it. Incredible.

Bump for The King of Fretless basses.

Cheers to all.

3. All I have are great trades so the best that I can do for you is a free bump!

4. Jerzy98

Jerzy98

Mar 25, 2013
    Amazing bass ! But I must sell my Roscoe first

5. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    Thanks ! Good luck with the sale !!!

6. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    Fretless Bliss !!

7. 4to5to6

4to5to6 Bassist Supporting Member

Funky looking bass! Really nice!

8. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    Bump

9. mtb777

mtb777 Serving bottom for the Most High. Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Sunny South Florida
    Very nice bass bump. Strangely. I walked into my GC today for strings for my new as of today Pedulla 6 and up on the wall is an F very similar to this except its white or off white. Will be back to test that out in a couple of days for sure. Good luck with the sale. She's a beauty.

10. rafaelrabecao

rafaelrabecao

May 25, 2013
    Hello...
    The bass has already been sold?

11. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    Still available. One person has said they want it who lives in Australia but I have had no recent contact from them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.