F-bass BN-4 specs?? Anyone played/have?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rickr, Dec 16, 2004.

1. rickr

rickr Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    I have been trying to find info about the F-bass BN-4. That bass in not mentioned on the f-bass site. I tried calling today but Mr. F was not in. The kind lady on the other line though told me that 4 strings were now a custom order.
    I have never played an F-bass and was wondering if anyone had any specs on the neck profile, ie. width at nut, radius etc.
  2. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Mine is a '93 and the width is 1.5". Very comfortable neck, medium fingerboard radius (12?). The back of the neck is sort of a flattened C shape, fairly thin front-to-back. It's pretty lightweight - 8.5 lbs and really incredible tone. My number one bass for several years now.
    Brian has a similar one right now, although mine has a swamp ash body and passive controls but active pickups: http://www.thelowend.net/gallery/viewtopic.php?t=963&sid=942bb676dbabb08db74de7bf9d41e28b

3. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    I have BN4 White Ceruse for a year now, play like butter and awesome tone, but I am selling it anyway because the new BN5 custom order with Burl Top , headstock and neckjoint is almost done by early January :)