1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F Bass BN5 Alder/Ash Maple Burnt Gold Fade FBass - Recent Build - As New!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by crossover, May 5, 2018.

1. crossover

crossover Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    Offering up my F Bass BN5 to a lucky talkbass member. Recent 2017 build, this was one of their first instruments to receive the Burnt Gold Fade finish, as well as their latest tone wood offering. I consider the Alder/Ash body (now a very popular option) a Goldilocks combo. It does the Ash/Maple JB thing but is naturally a bit less scooped with more presence (low-mid/mid content). It can easily be brought back to the more traditional sound with a little EQ... much harder to do the other way around. Couple that with F Bass ergonomics and quality - Versatile Tone Monster! The beauty of the finish is very difficult to capture with any justice, so I've used the studio shots of the actual bass. It's freshly strung with a new set of F Bass strings and ready to go.

bn5-150217.jpg bn5-150217-body.jpg 18786395-63EF-4B9B-B9BD-2D2D313D5050.jpeg

Specs
    :
    Finish: Burnt Gold Fade
    Body: Alder center block with Northern Ash wings
    Neck: 3 Piece Quarter-Sawn Flamed Maple
    Fingerboard: Maple with Black Fade Dots
    Nut: Bone
    Nut Width: 45mm (1 3/4")
    Width at Last Fret: 76mm (3")
    Truss Rod: Two-Way, 4mm ( 5/32" ) wrench
    Scale: 34.5"
    Bridge: Hipshot B Style
    String Spacing: 19mm
    Tuners: Gotoh, GB70, mini with 20:1 ratio
    Pickups: F Bass Stacked Single-Coil (with Hum-Cancelling push/pull)
    Preamp: F Bass - V/V; 3-Band boost-only EQ with Passive Tone Control
    Knobs: Handmade Ebony
    Weight: 9lbs 6oz

Custom F Bass gig bag, new V2.0 now made with a water resistant poly fabric, leather accents, bolstered handle, and reinforced sidewalls

$3000 Shipped/Insured within the lower 48. Low-ball offers and Trade inquiries will kindly be ignored. Please PM with any other inquiries. Willing to meet for a local deal. Paypal ok.

satchelbaglio likes this.
  2. crossover

crossover Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Folks, I consider this one is to be sold pending a local meet up.

3. GOTBASS2016

GOTBASS2016 Guest

Jul 25, 2016
    :(

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021