F Bass BN5 For Sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by gruuv, Nov 26, 2004.

1. gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    This is a natural finished BN5 with chrome hardware in mint condition. These basses are phenomenal, particularly the preamp. Wide range of tones, it cuts through the mix like nothing else and is easy to play. I really would not be considering selling this bass except that I'm looking into a 5 with a longer scale/wider spacing. Pictures available, although they came out a bit more yellow and do not nearly do this bass justice. $1900, buyer pays shipping, have original box and comes with thick padded F Bass gigbag, with tools and paperwork and an extra set of Labella's.

No trades please. . . thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    When you say you are looking for another 5 with wider string spacing, are you saying that this bass has tighter string spacing than the standard 4-string, 19mm distance?
  3. gruuv

Jan 23, 2004

I know the BN5's spacing is 76mm at the bridge and the nut is 45mm wide... I'm not sure exactly the difference but it is a bit narrower than some other 5's I've played.

4. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    19mm is the distance between each string at the bridge on all F basses, which is the same as a fender p or j. Tighter spacing would be like a Roscoe, zon, Warwick, etc.....

So if you want something wider than 19mm you'll be looking a while. Warwick is one of the few 20mm I can think of unless you went custom.

5. gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Last of the bumps... for today
  6. I am afraid you can remember me or not.. :smug:

How are you doing? It seems like you sell all of your gears recently. What happen? Is your next Fodera will be done soon? Well man, my Garrison 6 will come around Christmas but I'm not sure..
    anyway it's good to see you here..

bump for a friend. ;)
  7. gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Sorry, sold. . .