Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

F Bass BN5 FS - No Trades

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by GRoberts, Aug 20, 2005.

1. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    F Bass BN5, Quilt Maple Top, Bridseye Fingerboard. I bought this new in 2004 by custom order through my good friend Adrian at AccessBass. I own two Bn5's. A pending divorce and financial cicrumstances are the reason for the sale. I need cash, so I can't entertain trade offers.

This bass has the Master Volume/Blend Option which makes it very versatile and easy to make quick volume adjustments. IT has the usual Active Bass/Mid/Treble and Passive Tone Control.

There are a couple dings that sadly are obvious to the naked eye. The most noticeable ding is on the top of the headstock. The other ding is where my fingernails caught the stain near the neck joint where I slap with my right hand. They are minor, but visible. The rest of the bass is in outstanding condition. I have many photo's to share and send if interested. Quick sale via USPS Money Order is preferred over paypal.

All inquiries promptly answered. This is an exceptional Bass. I am asking $2400. This bass has very little playing since I also purchased a Tobacco Burst standar Ash/Maple BN5 as a back up. I decided to play that one to avoid dinging up this bass even worse.

My bass, and its corresponding retail are shown on the F Bass Website: http://www.fbass.com/tops.html

Mine is the one that says: BN5, quilted maple top with black accent line, matching headstock, birdseye maple fretboard, cherryburst finish. Owned by Gary Roberts. $ 4,549.00 US

Thanks! Gary

Attached Files:

2. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    More pics

Attached Files:

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    brother, sorry to see you have to let the bass go.
    Divorce is a bitter word especially for me, i think you know this. I am REALLY sorry to hear that.
    All the best always, and a bump for a fantastic bass and a good guy !

4. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Looks like a little brother to my BN6... nice bass deserves courtesy bump.

5. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Thanks Adrian and AJ. It will all work out and I'll replace this F Bass one day in the future. For now, the sacrifice will help me with the costs associated with parting ways.

By the way, I am negotiable and am motivated to move the bass asap. - Gary

6. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Price drop to get some activity rolling. . $2100 obo

BUMP

7. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Bump and priced to move - $2100 OBO

The birdseye FB is a stunner! The quilt is 3-dimensional and the enhanced grain back is stellar.

8. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    i *should* buy this. :(

so here's a bump...

9. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA

Thanks for the bump Christopher. Just buy it and be happy! Trust me, it's not hard to be thrilled with this bass. ;-)

10. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Bump for today. Amazing Bass. Amazing price.

11. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
  12. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Thanks for the PM's. All PM's answered. One last Price bump before going to the 'bay'. $2000.00 for an amazing F Bass.

13. A big bump for a friend who really needs cash to live!

14. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Check your PMs.

15. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Someone buy this already... it's taking all of my self-restraint not to break open the piggy bank :help:

Bumpola for a sweeeeet F going at a great price!

16. mmm. nice.

I've been wanting one of those with a 6th string for quite some time. Colors are perfect..

bump for the sweet bass.
    :bassist:

17. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Thanks for the bump. All PM's are answered. Thanks for the interest.

18. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    F Bass is SOLD. Thanks Anthony!