Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

F-Bass BN5 In Progress

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GRoberts, Feb 12, 2004.

1. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I'm hoping to take delivery of my new F-Bass BN5 in a few weeks. Thought I'd post a couple of the most recent in-progress pics. (Keeps me entertained while I endure the painful agony of this final stretch!)

Would love to hear from any other F-Bass lovers. I can't wait to play and hear my new bass! - Gary

2. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Here is an early pic that shows off the Birdseye maple Fingerboard. Is the figure in this Fingerboard Sick or what? I don't think I could imagine a sweeter Birdseye Maple!

I'll include a pic of the matching quilt maple Headstock before the Caramelburst stain is applied. I think I just messied myself. :D

3. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Smart, Smart player! You're getting a custom F-Bass. I don't know if I posted this in one of my threads or not but: A thought that crossed my mind after having my F-Bass for only 30 minutes was, "If I had known these were that nice, I would have ordered a custom instrument--they're worthy of the extra bucks"

4. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing Artist: Alleva Coppolo

Gary, I saw the bass (and the neck) in person 2 days ago- it looks even better than in the pics..... :hyper:

Mitch

5. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
  6. Gary:

You will love it - nice choice of top and neck!

:bassist: :cool:

7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Interesting custom neck painting and inlays on the first pics... ;) :D but the other pics of the birdseye are nicer :D I especially like the back on the first post... I bet you will love it, you lucky basstad! :D

8. Absolutely beautiful (and obviously ahead of my BN 6) love the b's eye.

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    you guys and your new custom F basses, will I EVER get mine? i think not!! :rolleyes: :D
    thats gonna be beautiful. i just got the same bass with a birdseye maple top and standard maple board- amber burst- it was awesome- it lasted a day, if that !

10. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Pictures man! Adrian, do we really have to ask you twice? For the record, I've been waiting almost 6 months now, while you have had a few F-basses to tide you over in the meantime. Would you like some "whine" with that cheese? Ya big baby. :)

11. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    You WHAT? You saw my new pride and joy Quilted BN5 in person? Was she any closer to final assembly? I can't wait to see the top once it is buffed and polished. Then, I think I will need to be reminded to "breathe!" I haven't seen the painted headstock yet with the Birdseye fingerboard. That Birdseye just takes my breath away. (Not that the magic of the luscious quilt is anything to sneeze at!)

12. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Hexbass! Your BN6 is going to Kill! More photo's please!

13. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    i tried to get pics - but i wasnt getting lucky that day and they were all blurry, i HAD to send it out , so sorry, no pics... by the way, George has had my mac abony for about a year now! and i think just this week started working on it! so i can whine!! :bawl:
    also, my current F is a loaner with a NYB&G Model neck- chunkier than the standard bn5 - i dont like it.... whaaaaa!!!!!

14. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing Artist: Alleva Coppolo
    I saw it as separate body and neck..looks close though...
    Your going to have to smoke a whole pack when you slide it out of the bag...

M

15. Thanks Roscoe,
    Here's a couple more pics, although I think your board wins!

16. Is it just me, or do custom F owners seem to be advanced in years, Does George do spalt canes?

17. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Awesome! That bass is going to kill. I am going to drop by Georges next week(he is about 15 mins from my place), I'll be sure to take a look in person! How could I have sold my F-bass!

18. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    spalt cane?
    wouldn't reccommend it, spalt is brittle and you may fall and bust your azz... i would go with maybe an ebony cane, much safer.. I'm here for you bro, the advice never ends!! :D
    and yes, it takes maturity to realize after years of searching for the holy grail of tone that is in these basses-
    Grandpa has spoken!! :meh:

19. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Hey Adrian, When you're visiting F-Bass, tell George I said thank you for his Amazing craftsmanship! After buttering him up, tell him I am anxiously expecting delivery this month for my Quilt Maple Caramelburst BN5! Seriously if you are there, check it out and let me know how it looks and if it's any closer to completion. - Thanks! Gary

20. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I will definitely check it out! I'll let you know! I will soon be back in the F-Bass club myself.....