F Bass BN5 Review

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jeflepard, Jun 3, 2004.

1. jeflepard

Nov 11, 2003
    USA Atlanta, Ga
    I played three gigs with it Last week. The tone and playability is just beautiful. I love the feel of the neck and the notes are really clear with the big round tone that I love. I love the bass. The only negative is that two knobs have came off. I think that is the only weak link. I am a little discouraged by this but the tone is to die for.
  2. pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    Congrats on the F, yah the tone is wonderful isn't it, there are so many variations to the preamp it's crazy. The very first thing I said when I got mine after strapping it on and playing was, "this is the nicest neck I have ever put my hands on". I can play without any stress on my hands or wrists.

Did you post something earlier when you got it? If not, let's here the details of the bass like finish, ect.
  3. josh_m

May 5, 2004
    Davie, Fl
    I don't know, I played an FBass Studio 5 and the neck was great, but the knobs felt cheap and looked bad, and the hum was horrible, I couldn't get a good tone out of it because when I would try to have the pickups at differant levels it just wouldnt sound good because of all the buzzing.
  4. pretty much what i expected, most people adore them