F Bass BN5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jeflepard, May 20, 2004.

1. jeflepard

Nov 11, 2003
    USA Atlanta, Ga
    I picked up my new bass today. It is a beauty. Natural finish, the tone is to die for. I bought it from Bass Atlanta. Great experience!!! I can't wait to play it live. May 30 my band -the Barry Richman Band- opens for Jonas Hellborg and Jeff Sipe at the Neverland Farms music fest in Cleveland, Ga.I can't wait to try out the new bass. I am really looking forward to hearing Jonas play. I will give a review on the bass after the gig.
  2. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Insert "this thread is worthless without pics" icon here.
  3. jeflepard

Nov 11, 2003
    USA Atlanta, Ga
    I am a little slow. If I can figure it out I will post some pics. Maybe Randy from Bass Atlanta will post the Pics he took today. Peace.
  4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    first, congrats on a GREAT bass!! then, congrats on the gigs! Jeff Sipe just happens to be one of my favorite drummers on Earth

his work with Aquarium Rescue Unit was off the hook!!
  5. jeflepard

Nov 11, 2003
    USA Atlanta, Ga
    Thanks Adrian. I hope it goes well.
  6. pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    Congrats on the F Bass, welcome to the club. Thanks to Adrian and his need to spread F Basses throughout the land :D , I bought one last year. I was looking for a used one and all it took was for him to send me some pictures of a beautiful blue BN 5 and I caved in.

The F has by far been the easiest bass I have ever played mainly in part of the neck profile, but the 19mm string spacing is for me too and it balances perfect with no neck dive at all. Before purchasing the F, I never have had any experience with a J bass so I wasn't too sure what to expect tone wise until I plugged it in. As soon as I did I loved it right away and it is now my main bass, period. Matter of fact, I liked the J Bass tone and the F Bass so much I was going to buy a BN 4 but, I got a hell of a deal on a Suhr J Bass so I had to buy it. I now have the J Bass bug licked - I think

Anyway, enjoy