Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    OK, I think I can part with this. It will be hard, but this bass isn't getting much play time.

Good condition, it's got a ding or two here and there. Flamed maple fretboard, otherwise it is pretty much a stock BN6.

This is the F Bass that sent Wasabi over the edge. I know a number of TB'ers have played it. Killer action and excellent sound. Originally purchased through Austin Bass Traders. Comes with the F Bass gigbag.

Looking for $2300, plus shipping. Not really interested in trades unless you have a Sadowsky or other killer Jazz styled bass. Would prefer the cash though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can take more pictures if people are interested. Sorry these are so dark.

2. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Good thing I don't play a 6'er! F Basses are SO SWEET! (which is why I play a BN5 as my main bass) That's all I have to say. Sweet bass! Good luck! Gary

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    :eek: Must...look...the.......other......way.........!!!!!!! :bawl:

4. Andy,

I feel your PAIN. :bawl:

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yeah Andrew, this is a tough one. F basses are so consistant with greatness and the preamp is probably the best in the business. If this had an ebony board I'd be off to sell a kidney. Good thing for me.

Oh, and did I see you have a Read Transcendance pre???? Pm me.

6. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Tres haut, and I do look good in red.

7. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Will, if you like maple fingerboards than look no further my friend. Jazz bass on steroids, but so much more as well.

8. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    LOL, you forgot my wife's mandate. So did I when I saw that, but reality set in.

Awesome looking 6!

9. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Listen, Will, if you want me to talk to her..... ;)

Anyway, now that she's gone through the whole labor thing, I think she can take you. :D

10. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Oh huminahuminahuminahuminahumina... Daddy likes....

If you're accepting lowball offers, I could make you one, but for now, I think me drooling on my keyboard will have to suffice.

11. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    Nah, but I'd be happy to sell you a few handy wipes for your keyboard.

Wilbyman, how 'bout I have my wife call your wife? Mine has more musical instruments than I do! Gotta' love a woman with GAS...

12. rnlytton

rnlytton

May 23, 2003
    Naples, FL
    Hi Wyliee,

Email sent regarding BN6.

Richard

13. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    Whoa. Never in a million years did I expect this kind of response. You're all awesome.

Let me get pix up of the dings. There is one on the tail, it was dropped by the original owner, that may cause museum collectors some concern. (No offense to those that can collect instruments. Keep buying the good stuff, I say.)

This was purchased from Glenn at Austin Bass Traders. I called George (@ F Bass) to get some info from him and he seemed to recall this specific bass as being exceptionally good sounding and playing. That definitely helped me decide to buy it and I haven't been disappointed.

I've received several private responses and will be responding in order of time/date stamp on the emails and PMs to keep everything fair.

Thanks.

14. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    Here are some pix as promised. I'm trying to upload one of the bump on the bottom.

Attached Files:

15. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    The bump head on.

Attached Files:

16. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Sweet bass bro. I would buy it from you but I can barely play 4 strings ;)

17. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    wishing I could afford this with a free bump. Good Luck.

18. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    My most sincere thanks to everyone that has responded. At this point in time, it looks like the bass is sold.

Cheers!!