Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

F Bass BNF 5 Color, which one?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, May 30, 2004.

Which color for an F Bass BNF 5??

Poll closed Jun 7, 2004.
  1. Transparent Blue

57.9%
  2. Sunburst

42.1%
  1. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    It's down to trans blue or sunburst.
    To view both check out www.fbass.com
    The trans blue is shown on the models (a BNF 5 actually) and the sunburst is onthe front page of the site (also a BNF 5).

2. trans blue totally!

3. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Sunburst - but I love a dark cherry burst :) It looks gorgeous with darker wood tops :D

4. Tumbao

Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    FL
    Violin Ambar Satin finish!! My fav F-Color.

5. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Blue was my vote. On the F Bass finish Web page, the second picture of the blue finishes is my bass. The bass does not actually look like that in person though. In different light it can be anywhere from a greenish/blue to an actual blue color.

6. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I'm a big fan of the enhanced grain, sunburst finish. I also really like the cherry burst. I wonder if that is a custom order though. You don't see them too often, but when you do, they're stunning.

7. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove

Have any better pictures of your bass?
    The one on the site is fine, just a little small to really see the finish.

8. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Here is a link to some pics: http://community.webshots.com/user/pistoleroace

Just click on the F Bass pic or title to see all of them, then by clicking on the pics you can enlarge them. You will reconize the one that George took which is on his Web site, the other F Bass pics Adrian Garcia took for me. I would talk to him if you are interested in F Basses, he is the man.

9. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Yeah, I totally agree with you.
    Enhanced grain, cherry burst. Mmm mmm mmmm... looks good enough to eat!!
    I remember seeing an enhanced grain trans red though - and that looked gorgeous as well :D

10. There is a nice sunburst flame top/maple board BN5 at Gguitars in New Haven that weighs in at a pretty hefty 10 something pounds, but what a focused sound, probably the best sounding F5er I've played, and the finish is gorgeous.

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Ash Cherry Burst or Blue trans of course.

12. I've always liked the "black Ceruse" that they offer, but of the two you mentioned I'd go with the blue.

13. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Wow! I voted Sunburst but after seeing that Trans Blue pic that Adrian took I'm not so sure! I never noticed that he matches the wood grain on the PU covers! Classy looking bass! The natural on the F-bass Web site also looks great!