F Bass BNF6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MODNY, Nov 13, 2005.

1. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    I love this bass to death, but i find i'm not using it as much because its a 6 string... i think i'm better suited for a 5 string myself.

so, i dunno, i'm kinda reluctant to sell it, because i dont wanna lose money on it. i guess i would be most interested in trades for 5 string F basses + cash with the pre-amp (new one) i'm only really interested in F bass 5 strings, because well, thats what i'm most comfortable playing...

this basss was made in 1998, it has a brand new pre-amp, was recently checked over like a month a go by George, i have all the recipts somewhere... it has some lacquer cheking on it, ,a couple dings here and there... nothing major... i'm in no rush really, if i cant get what i want, i'll just keep it.. its a gorgeous bass, and it plays and sounds even better!

anyways, its the Reddish bass ( its like a caramel burst type deal)

[​IMG] ( this is the pic from which i bought it, it just had an aguilar obp-1 in it)

i can take more pics later on...
    but if you are interested, pm me and i'll what we can do...

i think i remember George saying something that this bass is worth close to 6k canadian... so keep that in mind...

Eric :(

edit: included is a F bass gig bag.. no strap
  2. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Stunning bass. If I had the funds I would be interested.

Bump for you.
  3. that is single handedly the coolest belt... it is also a really nice bass and if i had the money i would buy it.

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...LOVE the belt buckle...

5. junglebike

junglebike Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    $6000 canadian? So that's like, what? $42.86 US? I'll take it!

6. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I bid 50.
  7. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004

the belt buckle actually scrolls accross and i can program anything into that i want...
  8. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Yep. Just like 4 American beers = 1 Canadian beer. ;)

+1 on the Belt!

Did you get that somewhere close to us?
  9. rnlytton

May 23, 2003
    Naples, FL
    Hi Eric,

With all the work you've had done on the bass, I'm tempted to buy it back. I do have a BN5 I'm not using...

10. amspoon

Oct 6, 2003
    Did you buy the pre-amp from George F. and install it yourself? I have a BN5 fretless and would like to install a pre amp. If available,.... what does the pre amp cost from F bass?
    thanks for your info
    Sam :help:
  11. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
  12. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    Hey Guys,

the pre-amp, ,installed from George, was 700 dollars canadian, WELL WORTH IT

Richard, i'll pm you

Kori, i got the belt buckle off E bay, but i'm sure you can find them in toronto somewhere

and Steve Clark, i seen mikke basses post, ,but i'm curious as to what pre-amp is in it, i'm not aware of F basses having VINTAGE TONE CONTROL ????

13. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004

i'm super aware they have a passive tone control, i've been playing them for years...

but never hae i heard it being refferred to as vintage tone control...

it is very important to have a F bass Pre-amp in your F bass people!:D:D:D
  14. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    ok, because there is another dude selling a F bass BNF5 and i think it may have a sadowsky pre-amp in it

15. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    no idea

on my bass, there are 6 knobs; 3 knobs for the pre-amp (trb, mid, bss) and 1 master tone, and 2 for the pickup volumes..
  16. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    well, it turns out my hard-drive is officially fuct sooo these are all the pics i have of her right now..

anyone got a Ac5? a nice fretless FoderA?
  17. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    all pm's answered

4500$ canadian, or no offers
  18. brandonwong

Dec 16, 2003
    Bump for a great F Bass fretless!

Would like to trade if i'm nearer marnz.
    I have the exact sunburst version in 5 w/o preamp.

I believe this is the alder wings version right?
    According to George, it sings better in the higher register in comparison to the newer ash bodies

19. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    This bass has been sold.

thanks to everyone who has shown interest.