Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

F Bass...Caron model

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by loudfunk, Jul 22, 2000.

1. loudfunk

loudfunk

Jul 16, 2000
    Any F Bass users around here? Hoe does the Caron model stack up against their "normal" fretless?
    I just found out that I probably can afford one.

Ed

------------------
    Nothing in music is difficult...only unfamiliar.-Ken Werner

meatwad likes this.
  2. I play a fretless Fbass 5 string. It is a neck through model. The last Caron model I played was about two or three years ago at George's shop. It was brand new and George had just finished setting it up. The main difference between my bass and the Caron model (other than the extra string) was the piezo bridge pickup. I found blending in this pickup with the magnetic one gave a more focussed sound and the notes "spoke" quicker. George's basses are not cheap but it is hard to find a better built bass. My fretless is a dream to play and most of the recording engineers I have worked with have wanted to buy it. If you have the $$$$ go for it.

Randyt likes this.
  3. loudfunk

loudfunk

Jul 16, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bass Boy:
    I play a fretless Fbass 5 string. It is a neck through model. The last Caron model I played was about two or three years ago at George's shop. It was brand new and George had just finished setting it up. The main difference between my bass and the Caron model (other than the extra string) was the piezo bridge pickup. I found blending in this pickup with the magnetic one gave a more focussed sound and the notes "spoke" quicker. George's basses are not cheap but it is hard to find a better built bass. My fretless is a dream to play and most of the recording engineers I have worked with have wanted to buy it. If you have the $$$$ go for it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It'll be a few month 'til I have the coin but I can afford it.
    The piezo was why I was interested in it. Thanks

Ed

------------------
    Nothing in music is difficult...only unfamiliar.-Ken Werner

4. meatwad

meatwad

Apr 9, 2008
    Smallville, USA
    Did you get it? Pics?

5. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004