F-bass , on what cds i can listen them?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hiperi0n, Mar 1, 2006.

1. ok Alain Caron...but i wanted to listen something more with fretted F-bass , i have found another interestig bassist using F-bass that he's called David Hughes , the album is called "swoosh" a good cd!!i wanted to ask you on what others cds i can listen the F-bass sound...thanx a lot
  2. I know that recently Alain Caron has been using a fretless. However, in his first albums after UZEB you can distinctly hear the fretted F bass sound on a number of tracks
  3. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
  4. I did some rock stuff on a fretted BN-5 recently. We took the tone in a much different direction than most recorded F basses (actually ran it through an old Orange guitar amp). I can send a few mp3s if you PM me with an e-mail address.
  5. thanx Jake i visited your web site and listened your mp3s ..really interesting..congratulations!!
    some others musician to listen?
  6. Hajime

Jan 18, 2003
    Please look for Joel Smith (Kim Burrel's CD - Everlasting Life),
    and visit David Huges's web site.
  7. I'd say give a try to UZEB itself... the bass, mostly fretted and exclusively F-Bass is pretty crazy slap... I highly recommend the album "UZEB Club" (tracks "Bouncer" and "Uzeb Club"). Also, give a try to "Noisy Nights" from UZEB as well... (killer "Mo's Run") :hyper:
  8. yeah Uzeb are greats i have heard several of their songs..i've search for those albums you said...thanx a lot
    i've seen also that the bassist of canadian band Moist uses F-bass , i think i'm the only italian that knows that band...ehe that's because i've some canadian friends that passed me their cds...i like them

someone else?
  9. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    mmmmmmmmmmm uzebbbbbbb <3
  10. I believe Mike Porcaro of Toto used F bass in some recordings. I know he used them live for awhile. His was the first I had seen at the time.