Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

F Bass - one bad review at comedy central? i mean harmony central?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jvbjr, Jan 15, 2005.

1. jvbjr

jvbjr

Jan 8, 2005
    The F Bass threads begs me to ask, why is the one harmony central review that reads like it was written by a chimp with ADD of these basses so horrid?

2. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    President: MusicDojo.com
    I didn't see them being horrid. Can you provide some quotes?

3. jvbjr

jvbjr

Jan 8, 2005
    Manufacturer URL www.fbass.com
    Features 7.7 (3 responses)
    Sound 6.7 (3 responses)
    Action, Fit, & Finish 8 (3 responses)
    Reliability/Durability 7 (3 responses)
    Customer Support 8 (3 responses)
    Overall Rating 7.7 (3 responses

Pretty bad IMO given the price points wer are talking, the Peavey Cirrus is rated much higher.

4. It seems to be mostly one review that's neither detailed nor accurate. I think most F Basses are ash body (not alder), and they have preamps (not passive), and they're 34.5" scale (not 35").
    Price Paid: US $2000

Purchased from: N/A
    Bass and guitar boutique

Features: 5
    alder body 5 string fretless with satin finish 2 jazz pickups passive electronics wooden bridge. bolt on neck black tuners 35' scale ash body maple neck

Sound: 4
    i really didn't find this bass too pleasing the sound is to lousy

Action, Fit, & Finish: 5
    the action was set up alright not the best

Reliability/Durability: 4
    i would use this bass only as a back up,this bass's tone is too thin

Customer Support: 4
    no opinion

Overall Rating: 5
    i think this bass sucks for $2000 i should of stayed with the best,,ALEMBIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is no other!!!!

Submitted by david shucter at 02/18/2000 08:24

5. One review from one person is one opinion, you'll have to make the final decision on your own. I sugest reading more reviews. As a proud owner of a beautiful BNF6, I have 100% confidence when i say you could one out once and fall in love immediately. They are some of the best basses on the custom market and you are getting truely well designed and well crafted instrument. George's product is nothing less than perfection IMO.

6. I think that the guy didn't tried a F Bass or is too in fond of is prefered brand to be objective!

Sincerely, I tried two F Basses, and since that I wan't one, I ordered one in July and will receive it within 3 weeks....
    You get what you pay for, the quality is very good! The customer support is incredibly good! Look at all the quotes from professionals! No word to say after that....

Be the judge
    Vince

7. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing Artist: Alleva Coppolo
    ..someone's trolling...

The reviews speak for themselves- not through the intentional haze blown around above.

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    One bad review that doesn't sound real credible.

Search around these boards and see what has been said about em.

9. I agree. You can often tell whether the reviewer knows what he's talking about. Anyone can say F bass sucks but it's another thing to back it up.

10. dveeus1

dveeus1

Jan 7, 2001
    DFW, Texas
    I have owned 4. Both Fretted and Fretless. I have never had a complaint about quality, tone, or playability. Neither have the people that bought my first two BNF5's

If George's tone vibe is what you are into. And, you dig the look of his instruments. I don't think you can better the Cost / Quality + Tone + Playability equation. IMO

Are their better basses out there?? Sure.

11. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    That was the impression that I got from that review.

12. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    To me, if someone does not like FBass there's no skin off my nose at all- thats a valid debate for a legitmate thread....I just think the issue here is that the premise of this entire thread is false.......(and misleading).

13. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I could care less if someone loves em or hates em. I have my opinion on how I feel about them, and everyone is entitled to that.

I am just curious to see what else the original poster has to say. :eyebrow:

We'll see if it's legit or not. ;)

14. MyDogBo

MyDogBo

Aug 25, 2002
    LA
    ummm .... which ones?

Seriously, NO BS'ing .... "each to their own' as they say, but George's basses are fabulous and hold their own with the very best ... any questions?

15. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Spam/trolling, and reported as such.

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Tonally, F basses aren't my cup of tea, at least the two I have played weren't. But they certainly don't suck. The fit & finish on them are among the best of the best, and there are plenty of people on this forum who love their tone.

To take a review that sounds as if it were written by a twelve year old and base your opinions on it, if you have never played one yourself, is a bit short sighted.

17. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Totally missed my point.....it is a legitimate debate- as I tried to stress..my point is that the original poster starting this thread used a FALSE MISLEADING premise to troll on.....and "maby" we should debate the merits of FBass away from this thread title....not that we shouldent have opinions on FBass good or bad. Lets start a new thread with a legitimate title and premise?

18. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    agreed

19. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    fixed.

20. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    reopened at the request of thread starter.