F bass owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by r_simonini, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Do any F Bass owners have issues with noise? I have a hum/ high buzzing with my BF%. I have tried contact cleaner but have had no results. Anyone know about this?
  2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    My F bass is dead quiet unless i am in single coil mode and both pups arent the same volume- as in all single coil basses- but i run mine in humbucking mode 99% of the time
    I am also a dealer fo F basses and i havent heard the noise from any of them- you should drop George an email about this
  3. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Same here. It's been quiet, except when in single coil mode with one pick up favored, or soloed - just like with a Jazz Bass.
  4. I talked to George and he said it might be defective pickup leads. Thanks for the replies.
  5. jdombrow

jdombrow Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Have you tried switching cables, amps and speakers to isolate the problem? It might not be the bass.

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    What AG and Gfab said.
  7. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I haven't noticed anything unusual, as far as noise either. But I do get quite a bit of hum when I'm practicing and get close to one of my power amps.
  8. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

F's are under a lifetime warranty. Even if you're not the original owner. George is cool and will get it right if you ship him the bass