Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

F-bass recordings..

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Does anyone have any? I REALLY want to hear as many F-basses as possible since I'm really considering buying an unlined fretless.. *drool*

2. I'm going to bump this along because I'd like to hear them too.

3. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i can post some clips of my fretless f this weekend but it would just be through my eden head into the soundcard. if you still want em' ill make em'.

4. I, for one, am interested to hear them. Use whatever technique works for you. Thanks, in advance, for your efforts.

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Please. That would be very helpful. Thanks :)

6. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Bumpy bump bump in the frump frump.

7. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    ok, first off heres my foray into the world of solo bass wankatology. clips were recorded this morning on my fbass bn5f with 2 year old dr stainless steel highbeams. its passive and the pickups were in single coil mode.

giantsteps
    heres giant steps with a track of walking bass (neck pickup solo) and lead track (bridge pickup solo)

cucumber slumber
    this is the alphonso johnson's cucumber slumber bass line recorded with both pickups full on.

actual proof
    and finally, paul jackson's bass line from actual proof with the neck pickup solo.

now, that we're done with solo bass, here's the thing in action. the next mp3 is a song i wrote called hounds and it was recorded at a gig back in november of last year. i was using the bass with the bridge pickup solo.
    hounds

there ya go. mind you, the bass sounds pretty different with new strings and not having the preamp.

8. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I'm reviving this topic because I'd love to hear some FBasses -- unfortunately, the recordings in Narud's post no longer work.

9. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    yup those clips are long gone. if i can find something to post ill do it later.

10. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    check Alain Caron's website. he's got some sound clips from his ablums. Awesome slap bass and fretless fingerstyle tones!

:bassist: :eyebrow: :bassist:

11. nuclearrabbit17

nuclearrabbit17 Guest

May 20, 2004
    the links dont work!

12. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    as i poster earlier theyre long gone. check the links in my sig to hear my fretless f. the quality is terrible, but the songs are cool!(hey,what am i supposed to say, i wrote em' :D )

13. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Wow... This post is old.. Though I'd like an F-bass.. I'm not payed nearly enough to get one. buhleet the post!