F Bass Studio 5 B/W Ceruse

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Peter Parker, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Here's a great bass that I just got. It's an F Bass Studio model with the black and white ceruse finish, maple fingerboard. It's a 2002 model in excellent condition with just a very small ding on the headstock. The very nice F Bass gigbag is included. $1800 shipped. I would love to keep this and still may. My new gig calls for this sort of sound but the guys in the band are picky and may want a more traditional Fender look. I should know tomorrow. I just wanted give everyone a heads up on an incredible bass. I will have pics up later and can send some now via email.
  2. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
  3. I'd tell these guys to take a flying f**k! Don't sell this bass!
    I purchased just about every 5 out there, MTD 535, Fodera emperor 5, Elrick 5, Roscoe 3005...sold 'em all....now I've found the holy grail of fiver's....an F bass Studio 5! I bought it form another TB guy and it's THE sh*t! Just pick up a cheap p bass and keep this thing or your gonna' regret it...
  4. I think the Sprite commercials said it best--"Image is nothing, obey your thirst."

Sweet bass. What do a bunch of guitarists and drummers know anyways?
  5. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Tell your band mates to F&*^ OFF! What kind of gear do they play? Tell them you think the drummer should get an old slingerland kit because it's 'traditional' or tell your guitar player to get an old strat and throw away his PRS (if he has one) because it's 'traditional'. F&*% those guys dude! That is a sweet bass, you would be STUPID to sell it because your band mates don't like it. I think it's more of a case of "Hey, that bass is too phat, you're going to take the attention away from us. We want you to tone it down so people will look at us, and not you're sweet a$$ Bass"

Put your thang down!
  6. Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    I couldn't agree more.

However, that would go nicely with the matching fretless I have. :D

You taking trade offers?
  7. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Thanks for your comments guys but I think we should turn it down a bit :) It's just a bass. I've owned many F's before and currently own a Fodera that kills anything I've owned or played. I got the F for this gig because the Roscoe 6 I had wasn't right and I didn't want to take my Fodera to a couple of the places we'd be playing. They like a Fender and so do I. Not to hurt anyone's feelings but I actually prefer an American Deluxe 5 to all the F basses I've owned/played. Don't get me wrong, F's are great but for the tone I go for the Fender's do it best. You may ask why I didn't just get a Fender in the first place. Well I needed to move the Roscoe in order to get a Fender or anything else. I figured it would be easier to trade the Roscoe 6 for a 5 of some sort and sell it than to try and sell a 6 string bass, as my experience from the past proves 6 strings harder to sell. I though I'd give the F's a try again and see if that would fit the bill. The band guys didn't like it. No big deal. I thought it would be easy to sell and it was. I sold it in less than 12 hours after placing the ad. I'm sure the new owner will love it as it is a killer bass. I bought a Fender 5 today that I took to practice and it was incredible. So how's that for a happy ending ;)
  8. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Still have the Fodera eh? Cool.
  9. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Glad it worked out Scott! And you got to make 2 people real happy! :) Well Actually 3! The guy that got the Roscoe, the guy that got the F Bass and YOU!
    My F Bass BN5 sold quickly also.
  10. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    You were the first person I thought of when I saw his bass pics.

Guess you weren't kidding when you said you weren't ever letting that fretless F go. :)
  11. Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    I though about it briefly, then came to my senses. :)