Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

F Bass: T minus 30

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wasabi1264, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    President: MusicDojo.com
    George Furlanetto selected the body for my F Bass BN5, and emailed me the pic. It should be ready in about 30 days! This is really quickly, as I was expecting a 3-4 month wait, and just ordered it a week or two ago!

Attached Files:

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    aw, damn! now EVERYBODY is going to want their bass in 30 days! ;)

3. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    I know. I shouldn't have said anything!!! Just attached the pic. Thought I had but it was over the pixel limit, so I had to reduce it. I honestly would have happily waited...you can't rush perfection!

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Georgie must be in a good mood.. never seen one move this fast before- hey, i had to wait 2 1/2 years! what is your secret?? :)

5. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    He wants me out of his hair as quickly as possible. Just be a PITA, I guess. ;-)

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    i am the original GRANDMASTER PITA - just ask him or Carey... it must be something else.

7. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    wow, F always has the nicest ASh. I can't wait for the final pic and the purple and orangey goodness! Will the fingerboard be Mac? I can't remember.

8. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    Fingerboard is going to be maple. While mac would look very cool, I just really want the maple/ash sonic thing happening. This is going to be interesting.

9. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Nice bit of ash there bro. The only ash bodied basses I've ever really liked are the F's. I just wish I knew how he did some of those finishes.

10. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Excuse me, "I'm" the original grand master PITA. Just ask George about some of the communications we had about ten years ago, in relation to his electronics. Boy have they ever improved! The current Peeq preamp is the absolute bomb. Largely hum-free, and it does exactly what it needs to do. Sometimes a little user feedback can be a good thing. :):):)

11. I think I'm the first person for who George want him to disappear!!
    My bass is still there and I sent him hundred mails since 3 years....
    Or behind Adrian!!

But watch out, George told you 30 days more, but, he told me I would have it in October-November first....let's see
    I hope you'll get yours soon!!

Bye
    Vince

12. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    no comments...... :bag: :eek: :D

13. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    i think you just made one.... :crying:

14. Dave Hill

Dave Hill Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    looks awesome...one piece? Is that the one destined for the purple-orange burst? Can't wait to see what GF does on this one!

15. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    It really does look like one piece, but I don't think it is, because when he emailed me pix of two different bodies, and told me the one he chose, he said it was the one that "looks like one piece." It is destined for orange to purple burst, and like I said, it will be interesting to see. I'm just letting them go for it. I made it clear that I was letting him choose the body, grain enhancement (or not), shades, burst "severity", etc. I didn't want too much of my choice to interfere.

16. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    it looks like a one piece, but it is not- a one piece body would be $100 up- i know, i have a one piece body on mine, but alas, i cannot show you... :meh:

17. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    Dude...that avatar of yours is a little suspect, too! I feel so manipulated!!! :D

Okay...I'll stop...this a an F Bass thread, and ONLY an F Bass thread! So I guess I won't be mentioning who I purchased the bass through.

18. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    Yeah...the ceruse is really wild...It's one of those "ancient Chinese secrets" I guess.

19. Need me to post it for you, A? :D ;)

20. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    thanks, but it's cool- just imagine.... a one piece body.. :)