1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available F Bass VF4 PJ 40th Anniversary, Serial #1 - Immaculate, and as new!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by crossover, Mar 2, 2019.

1. crossover

crossover Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    F Bass Limited Edition 40th Anniversary VF4 PJ - this is #1 of the series. Completely preserved from when it was built and as new.

Specs:
    -New body shape that amalgamates the aesthetics of the original '78 and comfort & balance of modern F Basses

-African Mahogany body with a Northern Ash tone block and Ebony veneers

-Extended range 24 fret Macassar Ebony fingerboard with 40th Anniversary lion inlay (homage to the original '78)

-9-14" compound fingerboard radius

-42mm nut width

-34" scale length

-5pc Hardrock Canadian Maple neck with Wenge stringers

-Aguilar 4P-60 & 4J-HC pickups

-F Bass 3 band preamp for Bass Boost, Mid Boost, & Treble Boost

-Hipshot Kickass bridge with Brass saddles (19mm string spacing)

-Finished in a hand-rubbed oil

-Weight: 9lbs 6oz

TONE (as described by F Bass):
    -The African Mahogany produces a warm & woody tone with a very strong midrange.

-The Ash tone block and Mac Ebony fingerboard tighten up the big bottom end and ensure the sweet top end is articulate and can bite when asked.

-The 3pc body, 5pc neck, and Hipshot Kickass bridge with Brass saddles give us a healthy amount of compression - which translates to a focused tone with amazing sustain.

-The Aguilar pickups are our favorite vintage reproductions made with Heavy Formvar wire and Alnico V magnets. The P pickup is big, round, and wooly with just the right amount of midrange honk to cut through a mix. The bridge pickup is clear and aggressive and responds well to playing dynamics.

-The F Bass preamp has been developed over three decades and is as transparent as they come. With all of the effort that goes into the design and sourcing of high-end materials, the last thing we want to do is color with funky electronics....so you can boost the lows, mids, and highs without altering the inherent tonal characteristics.

3CC3CC1B-5037-475E-BA19-102B58AE9740.jpeg EE11A804-ADBE-48D3-B013-5F1605A41EE1.jpeg 0FF5FB69-B768-4A1D-9ECA-9095604C1221.jpeg 03F4A933-794B-461C-856C-BA8928E2FB49.jpeg 0B902F03-DB4F-4D55-B07D-D0E2002E3C5F.jpeg 2676E967-17E1-417A-ADD1-0D7C1820E019.jpeg E375ED3E-71EA-4089-9164-45478C8D28A4.jpeg

Selling new at $4950 + SHP/INS with a substantially heavy wait time. Own a piece of F Bass history, and an amazing player! Accepting trade offers at even value, or trade + cash to me. Please PM with any offers / inquiries. *Your trade must be mint, and I tend to be picky about brands*

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  2. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Scott Devine plays one of these on his channel and it is the sweetest f-in thing I've ever heard. Glwts!!

3. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    I so wish...

This bass is killer! Glwts.

sharpbass and crossover like this.
  4. fedenybass

fedenybass Supporting Member

Oh my!!!!

sharpbass, ThumbyAche and crossover like this.
  5. sharpbass

sharpbass

Oct 4, 2011
    Killer

6. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Awesome.

crossover likes this.
  7. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Goodness Gracious!

crossover likes this.
  8. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Exactly... not sure how this is still available.

9. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    No longer available- sold outside of the forum.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Tom7 likes this.
  10. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Please let the new owner know about Club Fbass here on talkbass and on Facebook.

crossover likes this.
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021