Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

F Bass WOHOO!!!! sorta

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Jul 30, 2004.

1. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Well, as my sig says I ordered a FBass BNF 5 and was gonna wait out the three or so months until it got here.
    I found out yesterday that for what ever reason when I first contacted F Bass (and then had a chance to swing into their shop) George must have liked what I was ordering option wise (or read my posts here at good ol' TB!) because he want ahead and started building one exactly like what I wanted to order before my order was even placed.
    SO....It will be here in 2-3 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :D
    Could be just weird luck on my part or he liked the color and options and thought to build it anyway.
    Just wanted to brag a little, sorry! :D

2. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    OH MAN! Do you have any idea how lucky you are? Blessed, whatever you want to call it. That is AMAZING! I can't wait to hear your review. I can't really play fretless, but one day while at a Bass Shop, I picked up a BNf 5 string and I was blown away at how easy it was to play. It had that GREAT Mwah tone that you want from a fretless.A BNf5 is definitely on my GAS short list.

Are you getting it with the active 3-band preamp? What are the spcifics on the bass you ordered? Color, top, Preamp, bridge etc? - Gary

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    That's sooooo awesome. Get soundclips! GEEET SOUNDCLIPS! I want a BNF5 soooooo bad.

4. Hi Guy!

You're so lucky!
    I ordered mine at the start of july and I will receive it in december or february! :bawl:
    You're damn lucky..... :rollno:
    But Congrats... ;)

5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    bah! F basses suck... and the fretlesses are worthless....

I am SO lying!!! :D

congrats!!

6. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
  7. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    It would be great if all luthiers could see the future :D

8. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Cliff , that reminds me, the other day an old Gypsy woman called me over- she said she saw a lot of character in my face.. :eyebrow:
    she asked to see my hand, she said she could tell i have been hurt once or twice in my life, i answered " who hasn't? "
    she told me she could tell my fortune for a fee.. i told her i did not believe in that, I am a Christian.
    Later , I thought " if she were that good a psychic, she should have known she wasn't going to get any money from me ..."
    yes, i would be nice if luthiers could see the future ! i am having a hard enough time understanding the present !

9. dveeus1

dveeus1

Jan 7, 2001
    DFW, Texas
    3 weeks. Thats going to be a record. I think my BNF5 took somewhere between 6 and 7 months. My BN5 took 8.

congrats. you must have something going that GF just really wants to get out and get a review on

10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Jeez, I think I'm gonna have to buy my BNF5 used, I don't think I could take a six or seven month weight :eek: .

11. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.

Well, it's because I'm a freakin' amazing player thats why!! ;) I think I just got lucky with what I wanted and hemust have liked it 'cause he just went ahead and started with the notion that it's gonna sell (I assume). I just happened to get EXTREAMLY lucky!!!

12. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Here's my usual response to all these "I'm buying an F Bass posts"...

You're gonna LOVE THAT BASS!!!

:hyper: :bassist: :eyebrow: :bassist: :hyper:

13. dveeus1

dveeus1

Jan 7, 2001
    DFW, Texas
    specs man specs

14. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Here are the specs. But it's nothing unusual for a BNF 5 as far as I can tell.
    Alder body with ash center block.
    Reverse headstock, 2+3 instead of 3+2 for a longer B string (for tension/feel, not actual length)
    Transparent blue burst with matching headstock and pick-upcovers.
    F Bass pick-ups and F Bass pre-amp.
    Unlined fingerboard with dots from the 12th fret up between the D & G strings.
    Nothing really out of the norm on it. pretty much all somewhat standard options from what I could tell.
    close to the BNF 5 on this page:
    http://www.fbass.com/models.htm

15. Sounds like a wonderful BNF5 coming! ;)
    My prefered one is dveeus1 one! the crotch walnut BNF5! :)
    But yours will be very classy too!

Enjoy it!
    Vince

16. dveeus1

dveeus1

Jan 7, 2001
    DFW, Texas
    Thanks Vince !!!

R you going to buy the Buckeye Burl top for your BN5?

17. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    +1 ... That Buckeye Burl top was off the charts! Truly a special piece of Buckeye Burl.

18. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    While scientifically, the length behind the nut and behind the saddle will not actually affect string tension or feel, there is a perceived difference. There. I said it, just so we have no debate. I find that debate tiring as all hell, and I grow sicker and tireder every time I see it happen, because that's ALWAYS the conclusion.

That said, I love your picks. Nice job on the specs, it sounds excellently sweet.

19. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Sounds a lot like the one I saw this weekend at the DFW GTG. I didnt get to hear it, but man it looked great :)

Something like this one?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Really?!?!?
    Not wanting to debate it either, I just read/heard.............
    Well, at this point I really don't care or give a rats a$$ as.........I'M GETTING MY F BASS IN A FEW WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :D
    BAHAHAHAHAHA BAHAHAHAHA BAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!