Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

F bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by harperWRD, Feb 3, 2004.

1. harperWRD

harperWRD

Feb 3, 2004
    hey, does anyone out there own an F bass? or have any thought on F basses? (I have recently become the owner of a used one through an acution, for an unbeleaveable price, and just want to get some feedback of other owners, and what they play they'res for)

2. I own a four string F Bass with an ebony fingerboard. All I can say is, you're going to be very happy with your new bass. they don't sound particularly unique. Just think of the best sounding bass ever, and that's what an F Bass is. sort of like a Fender, but way better, (in my opinion). The natural sound of the bass is very big, and rich, and it comes through perfectly through the pickups and the EQ. the EQ by the way is brilliantly constructed. Every setting is useable. for instance, if you turn the bass knob all the way up, it's going to be very warm, but not ridiculous. Oh and by the way, they play great and look great too. I attached a picture of my four string, just so you can see another F Bass. I'm curious to find out how you like it, and if you agree with me.

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
  4. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    Check the F Bass website, there are descriptions of the tone control functions. If you have one with the most recent preamp, keep in mind that the tone controls are boost only. Also, the passive tone control works in active mode to also have an effect on the tone.

Here is a link to the tone control diagrams: Preamp

5. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Awesome, awesome bass. Very elegant(read sexy) looking and so easy to play that I sometimes feel guilty. And I always seem to have this stupid grin on my face when I play mine.

Check Adrian's website some really killer clips. At least I think that he still has some on there.

And two my fave bass players play an F.....Alain Caron and Adrian Garcia.

Welcome to the club! :)

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Jerry, if there was a blushing emoticon, i would use it now!!
    man, thanks so much for the kind words, but Alain and I in the same sentence!!??? Sacrilege !!!! :)
    Alain is from another galaxy altogether!!
    but THANKS , bro!!