Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nate 0 jt, May 28, 2001.

1. Anyone know anything about these? Preferably the BNF-6(fretless six). They look nice but do they sound good? Thanks
  2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I used to own one, and I think they are the best fretless available today. But they are over priced, like so many instrument.
    If you can find one used, they really worth it.
  3. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i played one at the la bass exchange and thought it played amazing. and yes, used they are a great value. as are most high end basses considering how much their value drops. however i thought the sound of the fretless f bass was too thin. im more of a fan of a gary willis type tone and the f bass didnt do it for me.
  4. I own a fretless 5 string F bass. It is the best sounding and playing fretless bass I have ever encountered! It sounds unbelievable in the studio.
  5. do any of you f bass owners have any pics, or know where i can go to see any?
  6. bootyquake

Mar 29, 2001
    Washington, DC
    F Bass is made by George Furlanetto in Ontario, Canada, and they one of the high-end basses of choice for bassists north of the border. The craftsmanship is tremendous and the tone and playability are great too. I love the attention to detail, such as wood pickup covers with grain that matches the flamed maple, for example.

Alain Caron is a big F Bass user, and that guy sounds HUGE. The F Basses are certainly tops for slap and fretless sounds. However, they are wickedly expensive. The Alain Caron signature chambered 6 string fretless is around $6000. That's quite a bit for any bass guitar.
  7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  8. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

When talking about fretless F Basses, they make two different ones. One is the BNF and the other is the Alain Caron. They are very different and also priced differently.

I recently got a BN-5 from Gguitars in CT.

I know they just got a BN-5 and a five string Alain Caron in stock. Check out their web page.