F#**er Headstock Logo (warning swear word inside)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by ebonalley, Nov 2, 2011.

1. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    So I recently did a headstock mod on an SX and was thinking it would be funny to make a spoof Fender logo. I enjoy subtle humor and was wondering if you think this would sell if I mass produced it?

2. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Lol. Try to keep it PG...

3. drewfunk

drewfunk

May 10, 2010
    Olympia, Wa
    I had this same thought the other day. I'd take one ;)

4. Ya, can't do that, even when you warn us. So, say things like "letters that rhyme with the words "Jeff, You, Sea, Kay." Capiche? Pretty sure that's OK.

5. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    Oops got censored. My bad. Anyhow, there was a pic of my photoshop work with a poll but you can use your imagination and comments.

6. father of fires

father of fires Commercial User

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Chief of Medicine at Damnation Audio
    You could host it online and post a link. Maybe.

7. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Dude, the poll was fine, just I guess it was on one of the other two I deleted. I didn't think you really intended to triple post the thread, just figured the app hung or something.
    Just repost whatever poll you want.

8. I would rock that on my Squire, totally!!

Peace,
    Greg

9. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Someone on TB has one, I've seen pics here!

10. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    California Republic
    Briefly had an MIM fretless J with a modfied decal - flipped me out when I first realized it, as it was such a good-quality match with the original graphic. This was about 4 years ago.

11. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
  12. Ha ha, imagine someone goes to a gig with a "F%$#er" logo. It would be quite a shock if people realized. It could be more subtle on the decal of a "Squier by F%$#er" (with F%$#er in small font).

13. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    I have a Squier P bass with the F***** logo on it, made by a guy here on TB. I've played a few gigs with it, and no one, not one person, has said anything to me about it. My inner attention whore cried.

14. Damn. The miniscule font of the "Fender" logo in a Squier may indeed make the joke too subtle.

Well, at least you know that people have been listening a dancing to a band whose bassist has the "F" work on his headstock. And they haven't even noticed.

15. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Considering the current country of origin for the bulk of Fender products these days I'm inclined to believe we may one day see this...

Flender

16. Rockman

Rockman

Mar 2, 2006
    That would hardly be subtle

17. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
  18. GAPendragon

GAPendragon

Jun 6, 2011
    UK
    I've seen similar decals being sold. The u was just exchanged for an e.

19. 5StringThunder

5StringThunder

Dec 28, 2012
    I think somebody actually did that. I forget where I saw it, but I know someone has.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021