1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/S: 1974 Rickenbacker Burgundyglo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by d_whitlock, May 18, 2012.

1. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
    hey folks,

On the block is a '74 Ric 4001 in very good overall condition for such a vintage bass. It does have a bit of wear on it. A few marks here and there and a bit of buckle rash on the back, all of which were there when I bought it. But, overall this thing is in great shape, it plays beautifully, sounds unbelievably and has aged beautifully with a slight cream/yellowing of the white binding and pickguard. The neck is stable, no fret issues and all components, electronic and mechanical, are in perfect working order.

If you look at my past posts, you'll see how long I was GAS-ing for this thing, and it did not disappoint. But now, with a baby on the way I am needing to shell off a few of my fleet. Since I bought it was my primary and it has performed epic-ly

Here are a few pics, i will post more pics of the specific wear later.

This bass is getting better with age and definetly worth more, they are becoming much more rare, (the vintage buyers guide from 2011 lists it between $1900- $2300) I am asking - $2000 shipped to the 48 states via Paypal or a USPS MO.

I am not particularly interested in trades, maybe a 5 string fender precision?

If you have an offer let me know!

Attached Files:

2. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
    Sorry to post again, but I am willing to negotiate on this thing, so if you have an offer, let me know!

3. OMG DROOL!

4. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks cosmicpimp2, this is a really sweet bass...

5. ajish4

ajish4

Dec 19, 2003
    Stuart, FL
    The twin sister of my 1974 4001!
    Only I paid more for mine not too long ago!

Best of luck with the sale!

6. dinogroovie

dinogroovie

May 7, 2010
    New York
    Awesome. My 74 shows a lot more wear an tear. Would love to have one in this kind of condition.

7. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
    thanks ajish4 i wish i could hang on to this thing, but it is time to let her go...

8. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
    then obviously you should buy this one! :D:D:D

9. Jazzstick

Jazzstick

Mar 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    If my juzek sells I will buy her

Brett

10. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
    let me know jazzstick!

11. 707clown

707clown

Apr 9, 2009
    ANY INTEREST IN A SPECTOR EURO5

12. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
    Sorry 707, not interested, thanks for the offer though

13. would you be interested in a 2012 Fender Candy Cola Standard 5 string jazz with Fralin Pickups, pearloid pickguard and Badass V???

14. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
    Not interested, but thanks for the offer!

15. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
    Sorry grabow, looking for cash or a P 5

16. If I win the lotto or find 2000 grand on the street I'll take it!

17. Wow! Wish I had the money!!!!!
    Btw, I notice in your sig it says you're part of the praise and worship band club. Have you ever played this in a worship setting? How well does it fit?

18. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
    I do play it some, it fits well for what I do. We play a fairly rock set, a lot of driving bass parts and this thing does very well.

19. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
    Monday Morning BUMP

20. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
    How about a $100 dollar price drop bump??? $1900 anyone???