1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD F/S: 1977 Jazz Bazz - Mocha / Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by flewis, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flewis

flewis Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    I have for sale only a 1977 Jazz bass, Ash body, Mocha / Root Beer finish, Maple Neck w/ Pearloid Blocks.

Bass is not all original. The pickups and pots are not original. Not for sure about the knobs; knobs may or may not be original.

Bass does have side input jack route, nicely done. A previous owner has EMG pickups in the bass. However, there are no extra routes are beneath the pickguard, or in the control cavity!

The Original Mocha finish has some nice Mojo to it. Neck, tuners, pickguard, bridge, thumb rest, nut and frets are original. The frets are fairly worm but have some life left in them.

The neck is straight, no ski lift, and Truss Rod adjust properly in both direction. I replace the original Bullet truss rod nut. It was a bit worn. However the original TR nut will be provided w/ the bass. For full disclosure, I want to mention two of the pearloid blocks has what I can best described as 'lost their pearloid look' about them. Can be seem in pics provided.

I mentioned above the bass has a side input route where at one point the bass had EMG pickups. I have the EMG pickups and pots and they will also be included if you want them. They sounded great in the bass. But, I prefer single coil pickups. I will mention again, there are no other routes beneath the pickguard. I have the side input jack route filled w/ wood putty (and stain) that can easly be cleaned out.

The pickups presently installed are Fender Original (62 Reissue) Single Coil pickups. The pots are the larger CTS pots.

Included with the bass is the original Hard Shell Case. The case is very worn, but the latches are still intact and work.

Presently I have Strap locks on the bass. The original strap buttons will also be provided.

Want to note this wonderful Jazz Bass weights only 9.3 lbs. Very nice weight for a '70's Jazz. No back breaker here!

SOLD!
    A little wiggle room on price, but no 'LOW BALL' offers. They will be respectfully ignored.

Sorry, no trades!

http://s916.photobucket.com/albums/ad1/flewis3317/1977 Jazz Bass/

100_1304.

100_1308.

Headstock-front2.

Headstock-back.

BassFull-front.

Body-front.

Body-back.

2. NiteFury

NiteFury Supporting Member

May 12, 2010
    Akron, Oh
    Even though thats not all original that is a killer price on a serious funk machine! Love that finish.

3. flewis

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    [DEL]SOLD pending payment![/DEL]

Revised to 'On HOLD' till Monday!

4. flewis

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks! It's my favorite '70s finish w/ the maple neck!

5. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Dang! That was fast! What a cool bass, one of my favorite finishes ever.

At 6:15, I was giving my 6 month old baby her bath and 6:50. I was reading her story. A lot happened in between! Sad to miss this sale :)

6. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Chicago
    Love it, I had one the same combination of color and woods.
    This went for a great price!

7. flewis

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    SOLD! Thanks Mike!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.