1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/S 1979 Wilfer 3/4 hybrid BD $5,200

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by funkythumb, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funkythumb

funkythumb Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    Hi,
    I'm located in Atlanta and am selling my 1979 Wilfer, 3/4 size, hybrid upright. It's got a gamba shape, upgraded bridge by Ron Sachs, lovely spruce top with beautiful maple veneer over laminate sides. It comes with a Fishman Full Circle pickup and Mooradian bag all included.
    I bought the bass 5 years ago for $6,800 but I'll let it go for $5,200. Local pickup only unless you want to pay full price for shipping, which is additional.
    Tonally, this bass is wonderful for arco and jazz. It has a nice growl with sweet and pronounced upper mids. I've played the bass in jazz, salsa and orchestra settings and it does an amazing job. The arco tone on this bass is superb.
    This is an ideal bass for a serious college student or professional looking for a versatile bass with the carved sound but plywood strength.
    I'm selling this bass because I have another bass and don't need this one.
    This is, IMO, a very low price for such a quality instrument. I will not and cannot go lower. At this price I can easily afford to sell it on consignment through one of the big DB retailers and it will sell. I'm putting it on here for now but will eventually move it to a retailer, who will no doubt jack up the price. Grab it while you can. It's a great deal.
    Please PM me if you want more pics. There's one attached here.

Attached Files:

2. funkythumb

funkythumb Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    bump. The price is EXTREMELY reasonable for this bass. :)

3. redliner47

redliner47 Continuous Recreation

Sep 24, 2004
    Springfield, MA
    bump. This is an amazing prize!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.