1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F/S 1981 G&L L-1000, Ash/Maple, HSC, MD, PA, VA, WVa, DE for now, A true bass monster

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by seventhsunbass, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    Headed for Myrtle Beach for the weekend and I can bring her with me for those who don't want to deal with shipping. Just let me know.

Selling my 1981 G&L L-1000 w/HSC. The serial # is B007507. She is a true blonde, check the roots! There is finish checking and some dings as to be expected on a 30 year old bass. She is dead stock. I will include the orig. strap buttons as I have Shaller strap lock on her now. I have tried to photograph all angles. There is little if any fret wear. There is some arm wear and bruses. Please check the pics for this. The bass is a monster and drips with serious MOJO but my B000833 L1K HOG/Ebony is finished her re-fret and I am trying to fund another Alembic. I am asking $900 for the G&L shipped CONUS (lower 48). Local pick up will save you $50, that's $850 here in the Mid-Atlantic. Right now the only trade I will entertain is the odd Alembic. Yes, I have the bug. Here is a link to my Picasa album:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/109227691592705810106/MesaAndGL?authkey=Gv1sRgCNK60eLHtPTJ0QE#
    Use the zoom, it brings them all in real close.
    Here are a few teaser shots as well. Please feel free to as any and all questions.

2. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2009
    ED!!! YOURE KILLIN ME!!!!

3. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

PM sent ...:cool:

4. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Nice bass i had one just like it. I can vouch for the monster-edness of these basses. They are slammin!

5. seventhsunbass

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    Here is a post for some of the questions I have gotten.
    Peavey 231EQ has never been used, only mounted in the rack. I still have the box, foam and the manual. $125
    RackRider power conditioner and light module. $50
    SKB 6 space rack , used but all latches work. $60
    SPC 6 space rack, Used but all the latches work and better handles than the SKB. $50
    Boss ODB-3 $60
    Bassballs nano $50
    Boss TU-2with power supply and adapter chain for powering multiple pedals. $70
    Shure SM-58 with 20' cable. $60

6. seventhsunbass

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    Ok, ok......I will ship for the $900 to the lower 48. Locals save $50, come get her for $850.

7. Scoped this monster earlier today.
    Killer sound but not a shoulder killer.:bassist:

8. seventhsunbass

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    Thanks 45. Good seeing you, Eyeball and the others today. The Mesa has sold.

9. Nice! Yeah, confirmed this afternoon...12 - 16 weeks on an L2000 or an ASAT.
    Thinking Lake Placid Blue with a #8 Birdseye Maple Board.

10. seventhsunbass

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    Now that sounds Sweet!

11. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    This will make someone supremely delirious.
    I can't really picture life without an L1000.

12. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    If I didn't already have its L2000e sister, I would jump on this!

13. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

Your killing me, i don't need another bass, BUT!!!! these kill.
    What is neck profile P-Bass or Jazz width?
    Weight?

14. krustwell

krustwell

May 18, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    i'm going to take a stab and say 1 5/8 neck and around 11 lbs. i traded it's identical twin a few months ago. great bass. most beautiful one i ever owned (so far).

15. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Should be 1 11/16, and a nicely contoured shallow C shape.
    Weight varies a lot. Both of mine weigh well under the 11lbs...

16. i have one identical to this and it is fantastic. can't agree enough with all the good things said about it.

17. seventhsunbass

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    I agree and were it not for the '80 being finished, this one would not be for sale. ;)
    The neck is 1 11/16" as are all of my basses, including the Alembic. I think that is the best and I have hobbit hands! Nice and flat, she's no 'baseball bat' (kuddos to Chef) and the action is low and fast. The weight is around 9 lbs or so as 45cmckay105 and Eyeball can attest to. I did have one, an L2K years ago, that was over 10 that were made of northern ash (from G&L). It was oh so heavy but oh so good as well.

18. seventhsunbass

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    Headed for Myrtle Beach for the weekend and I can bring her with me for those who don't want to deal with shipping. Just let me know. I have had some nibbles in the SC, NC, GA area so this is a great tyme for those TB'ers.

19. seventhsunbass

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    And she is headed for the realm of the Mothman. Please, Lord, watch over her around the Moth!!!:smug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.