1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/S 1993 Gibson Les Paul Bass with Damaged Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Folmeister, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    This is a 1993 Les Paul Bass in Cherryburst. This model has the Bart active pre and, as far as I know, Bart pickups. The serial is 92263720. It has been a players bass and has its share of dings, worms, and thumb wear. Nothing bad, just lots of it.
    IMG_0149.
    IMG_0153.
    http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac209/Folmeister/Gibson Les Paul Bass/IMG_0150.jpg
    The problem is that since I bought it, it has developed a cracked neck at the nut. I have to take the blame for this despite the fact that I have never personally dropped or bumped into anything. In fact, I only had it out of the house once, and I never actually played it on stage that night. I have to assume that simply carrying it in a gig bag (mono) did it in. *sigh* The cracks run from the back edge of the nut slot back towards the body. They are both roughly one and one-half inches long.
    IMG_0156.
    It was recently seen by our own Datsgor to be set up, have the jack replaced, and one pot replaced. It plays well. The cracks don't seem to have created any instability, yet. It is also very heavy. In fact, it's the heaviest bass I have ever had. It's a spine compactor when you are my age. It should be perfect for some young, aspiring, rock star. The case is pretty rough. Lots of case rash and one clasp is broken.
    IMG_0148.
    Do I want to ship this? Hell no! The case is, frankly, not a stable transport capsule, and I do not want to have to deal with the almost inevitable destruction that shipping is going to inflict upon this. If you really want me to ship it, it goes to the UPS store and is packed by them and fully insured at your cost. Sorry, I have enough heartbreak with this thing already. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area for pickup.

Ahh, the price. To keep this from being a total bloodbath and causing irreparable harm to my psyche I would need $650.00 for it. Shipping to continental USA via UPS and its packing and insurance services are the added responsibility of the buyer and are not included in the price.