Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

F/S: 2 SKB Shockmounted Rack cases (8 and 16 spaces)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Transverz, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey all!

I have 2 SKB Shockmounted cases, one is 8 spaces, one is 16 spaces. Lack of room and need of funds is having me sell them. Darn.

The 16 space is in excellent internal condition. The exterior is in good condition. Casters work well. Used but not abused. Would still make a good road warrior and would act like a like-new studio rack setup...but mobile! Lids are great except one latch is missing. It got taken clear off. But I heard this is easy to fix.

The 8 space is in excellent condition all around. Well taken care of. Only minor issue is very slight curve in front but is hardly noticable. Works great for that bass rig that needs ultimate protection! In addition to that, it lets those tube preamps/amps breathe as there is hardly other solutions that have such room all around the rack. Those foam ones practically suffocate gear, IME. My amp was getting mighty hot in a regular road case but only gets a bit warm in the SKB shockmount. This 8 space is ready for casters and for the road! At the very least, the local gig scene :bassist:

In the interest of getting these sold quick, I'm letting them go at $125 each. Local sale preferred (I'm in the Southern California area), but if you are willing to pay actual shipping/packaging, no problem. I only have a pic of the 16 space right now but the 8 space is exactly the same looking, except of course almost half the height.

Any questions, ask away! More pics to come soon. Thanks for reading!

2. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Both cases currently on hold, will update soon. Feel free to call "next!" in case one or both become available for some reason. Thanks for reading!

-Transverz