1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/S 2004 G&L L2000 Cherryburst w/ #6 Birsdeye board

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by PeppermanL2K, Jul 18, 2007.

1. PeppermanL2K

PeppermanL2K ...and on the 8th day, God created the Habanero.

Feb 3, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    Well the effin' taxman wants his money so she's gotta go. :bawl:

This is my 2004 L2000 (CLF32456) that I custom ordered from the Fret Shop in Huntsville, AL. Weight: 9 1/4 lbs according to the Wellness Center scale. Neck is straight and trussrod turns well. Comes with allen wrenches, spare saddle lock screws and plastic bits, Certificate of Authenticity and upgraded G&G tolex case.

GnLWide2-1.
    GnLCU-1.

These are the best pics I currently have. The color is not quite true, however, as there is a little more yellow towards the center of the burst, but not much! The bass has been well-rehearsed and only slightly gigged. There's not a scratch/mark on it. You'd be hard pressed to find a cleaner one outside of a music store. The case is in near-mint condition as well. A small scuff mark and the color is a little darker where there were some stickers, but no goo at all.

Anyway, due to the birdseye upgrade, case upgrade and condition of the instrument, I'm asking $950 shipped CONUS, no trades, please. The IRS won't take 'em! :D Please feel free to PM with questions! Although I show as having no feedback, I've had very good transactions with Quadzilla, Fretless Bill, bdeaux and diptixon. Check up on me if ya wish! ;)

Thanks for looking!

2. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    I'm not seeing the pictures, is it me?

3. BASSKADET

BASSKADET Gold Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    NC
    I see them.

4. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    It's something to do with Photobucket, I can't get into their website to copy pictures into my ad, and I'm not seeing anything that's being transferred from Photobucket. just started today, I'm not sure what's going on.....

5. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    How are these for Pop and Slap style playing?

6. PeppermanL2K

Feb 3, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    Some like it for slap/pop, some don't. Can't really speak to this because I don't do either. Others will need to chime in for this info.

7. JLW

JLW

Dec 5, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    I've played a the single humbucker version of this bass.

It was decent for slap and pop. Decent, but not great. Definitely better than most.

Fingerstyle was absolutely excellent. Very punchy thick and cutting.

With the double humbucker you obviously can get even more tones.

I recommend this bass and its worth that price.

8. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    I personally think the L2000 is an excellent slap bass. I prefer to run it with both pickups and in parallel mode. To me having both pickups on, parallel mode with the treb and bass full on is a smoking slap tone. IF your strings are dead or if you need a little more zing you can add the treb boost. It is such a versatile bass for either slap or finger style.

9. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I agree it's outstanding for slap, fingerstyle, just about every style of music from rock to jazz, funk, blues, etc. Those dual humbuckers are loud and powerful so it is especially great for cutting through the mix in live situations. Robert DeLeo uses one on STP's "Core" if I'm not mistaken.

I have a honeyburst/rosewood L2000 that I've had for 10 years or so but every time I see a maple board one for sale...especially these gorgeous birdseye variety, it makes me want another one. Someone snatch this up, I think the birdseye is pretty hard to come by!

10. I already own this exact bass with the #7 neck and want one with a thinner nut for certain bands I play with, eek I need this. I will be trying to sell off my musicman this week to fund this, hopefully it sticks around for a bit.

11. Bump for a beautiful bass from your Chattanooga neighbor.
    :)

12. PeppermanL2K

Feb 3, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks eadg! And, yeah, if memory serves, there was a shortage of birdseye maple not too long ago. Don't know if that's still the case, but it could make this a relative rarity.

13. PeppermanL2K

Feb 3, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    Bump! :D

14. *cries* trade it for my bongo + cash.

My baby needs a twin.....and your bass is calling it!!!
    GL042.

15. PeppermanL2K

Feb 3, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    Oh man, Todd... I've been wanting to try a Bongo, but alas... I need the cash. :( Question though... where'd you score that Desert Gold HH5? That's a sweet looking bass! Honestly, I'd do the trade in a different situation!

16. I got it from a guy off here in New York I think it was. I'm trying my best to sell it locally to buy this, but I live in a small area, I'm hoping it'll sell soon and I can get this. Or I may just take out a small loan if it's still available at the first of next month. I really....really want this bass.

17. PeppermanL2K

Feb 3, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    Goin' to Canada! Thanks Todd!