1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F/S 2011 Fender American Jazz Deluxe V + SD BASSLINES SJ5s 67/70 Single Coil Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Neil, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil

Neil Supporting Member

Up for sale is my 2011 Fender American Jazz Deluxe V. It has an alder body with maple neck and fingerboard. I am the original owner of this incredible bass. It has lived in my smoke free pet free home since I bought it. I’m selling it because I need to fund some other gear purchases. Yes GAS continues to strike!

Some of the chatter on TB describes some of these Fenders being noisy. Not this one…it’s dead quiet.

The neck is straight as an arrow, incredibly stable and has very low action with no buzz all the up the fingerboard. With a very thin neck profile she’s quick and an absolute pleasure to play.

Now let’s talk about the B string. Fellas the B string on this bass is one of the best sounding B strings I’ve ever heard on a 34” scale bass. It’s tight, focused, articulate and rings for days. Even as you play up the neck the B string does not get woofy or have all those horrible overtones like most 34’s.

This bass can cop any style. First and foremost, when played in passive mode, this is unmistakably a Jazz bass. With a flip of a switch the active preamp makes this instrument a Jazz bass on steroids. She can go from a Marcus slap to an all out Jaco burp to a dark, thick Jamerson sound. The bass is a “punch machine” and will cut through any mix. You’ll never get lost in the mix and will always be heard!

But it even gets better! For all you purists out there I’m including a set of Seymour Duncan BASSLINES SJ5s 67/70 single coil pickups. They’re a little more open and airy and have more of a transparent tone AND have a little more mid growl to them as well. They’re killer pickups valued at over a $125...but you get them at no additional charge.

The bass comes with the original Fender ATA case and truss rod wrench. I changed the original Fender strap buttons to Dunlop strap locks but will also include the Fender strap buttons.

According to my bathroom scale she comes in right at 10 lbs. The bass does have a ding in it by the bridge and a scratch on the pickguard (see pics) and does have some pickguard swirls and swirls on the back as well. However the swirls are not very noticeable and can only be seen when you hold the bass at certain angles.

$1,200 shipped and insured to the continental US. I’m not interested in any trades….again the only reason I’m selling this instrument is to fund some other purchases. Please feel free to shoot me a PM or e-mail if you have ANY questions.

Hopefully this Photobucket link will work. If it doesn't and you'd like to see the bass shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you the pics.

http://s789.beta.photobucket.com/user/neildamato11/library/

neildamato@gmail.com

Thanks for taking a look.

2. jonno1707

jonno1707 Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Nanuet N.Y.
    Wow smokin bass and great seller.

3. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    If i didnt spend so much money already this year i would hop on this one in a second.. No fear with Neil... Stand up guy.. and i know where he lives. LOL Its s jersey thing

This should go fast Neil

4. Neil

Neil Supporting Member

Thanks Jonno thanks Kirk.

5. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I own the exact same bass and it is amazing. Quiet, the PU and pre are top quality and the build quality is great. Very much on par with a Sadowsky Metro IME.

I just got a new Fodera, but the Jazz Deluxe 5er still will get a full set at my gigs.

Good price too.

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2003
    NY, County of Orange
    I'll take it.. PM sent.

7. Tugboat

Tugboat Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2003
    NY, County of Orange
    Well that was a bit presumptions. PM and email sent. :bag:

8. macribas

macribas

Jan 17, 2009
    Austin, TX

9. Neil

Neil Supporting Member

All PM's and e-mails responded to.

10. Neil

Neil Supporting Member

Sold and on her way to Tugboat. Thanks Tugboat. I hope you really enjoy her!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.