1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/S 5 string Warwick Streamer Stage II

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by willsellout, Feb 18, 2008.

1. OK folks this one isn't getting played and I need the cash for our new puppy and new video camera to record all those special moments with the family... Anything for your family right?:D

I believe this one is 04' but I got it from a TB'er about 6 months ago. It hasn't left my bedroom in that time. It's in great shape with some very very light surface marks, none of them visable really at all unless angled into the light. Overall I'd say it's 9.5+ out of 10.

When I got it though it had a couple things going on that I wasn't aware of when I purchased it so I will pass them on so you do.
    First thing:
    The input jack was horrendous with a lot of cutting out (I think this is normal with the warwick jacks), so I replaced it with a switchcraft jack about a month ago and it works flawlessly.

Next up:
    There is something a little funky with the stacked bass/pan controls. Initially I thought it was a bent pot but when I inspected it, it looks straight as an arrow. I actually think the top knob (PU pan, I believe) is the culprit. I just don't think it's drilled right so when you turn it it turns a little lopsided. You can't feel it when it's turning and it doesn't affect anything..it's purely cosmetic. So if you are the type that likes to hold your bass sideways and turn knobs to see them turn, you might be displeased with this particular one:D

So now onto the good stuff! This bass is equipped with the Basslines PU and pre. It's not as aggressive or Warwick-ey. It still has that signature growl but with the ability to smooth things out if you want. It's incredibly versatile and is built for funk. The controls are Volume, stacked Bass/pickup pan, mid, treble with the pull slap contour on the stacked pot. Bass is silent as far as I can tell.
    It's oh so responsive and has a wonderful neck, not so much of a baseball bat. It's the best Warwick neck I've ever played and it balances absolutely perfectly. It's a bit heavy (10-ish), you don't really notice it. It also has the belly contour which I love..I think every bass should be designed this way. Action is low (about .40 at the 7th fret which is med/low action) with no buzzing at all.

Here are the specs from Warwick:
    Afzelia body
    Ovangkol neck
    Wenge fingerboard with Yin Yang inlays
    Scale length: 34" (long scale)
    24 frets
    Finishes: Natural Oil Finish
    Warwick tuners
    2-piece Warwick bridge
    Warwick security locks
    Gold hardware
    Just-A-Nut II
    Weight: 9.9 lbs.

We have two options for cases and shipping. We can either ship it in the Rockbag or we can wait until I get my case back from Lakland and I can ship it in a non OHSC. This could be a week or so. Price is 1800.00 shipped paypal'd. I'm not really looking for trades at this time but you never know...it would really have to be something special for me to trade it out. Pictures will be up shortly, I'm trying to get a program to resize the pics on my Mac. I can email high resolution pics to people if you are interested in the meantime though. PM me with any questions!

Thanks!

2. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

PM Sent, this is my dream bass

3. l_27b21bfe387b40ec9598dc1d0c2d31ce.

l_ba42f11bf614d2565f3cd9c39205bd47.

l_543218883be43f24a9daedb338a57ecd.

l_f8319e65587f0da1dab58c0bee1f185f.

Dan

4. pmaraziti

pmaraziti Gold Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    tentative pm... :)

5. All PM's returned. I've been asked if I will ship internationally, which doesn't surprise me with the recent price increase on these and the weak dollah bill! Yes I can ship internationally but it will have to be in the hardshell case. This wouldn't be my first choice for a sale but as long as you don't mind copping for all the shipping costs including materials (as it will require a bit more careful and padded packjob. Shouldn't be much for materials but just figured I'd throw that in there.

Keep the offers coming, thanks!

Dan

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    GAH I sorta felt that your Streamer was on its way out and I was gunna pounce but I didn't know that it's a 5er :crying:

7. Yeah you know I go back and forth with 5 strings and since I started using the drop tuners I really don't ever play it. It's great as far as 5 strings go but I figured someone else would enjoy.
    Thought I should mention I'm open to offers, price isn't totally firm but I do have a price that I need to recoup what I bought it for. I've had a couple offers that were close but not there yet.

Dan

8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Either neckthrough or bolt-on, five string Streamers are my favorite Warwicks by a country mile!:D

9. Great basses, no doubt. I'd love to own a 4 string version of this bass. It's so comfortable to play and the balance is perfect on it. I'm just not much of a 5 player anymore.

Dan

10. 4 string trades + cash are welcomed if anyone was interested.

Dan

11. Bump.

Dan

12. and this one looks to be traded. I'll close it out once details are sorted.

Dan