f/s 71 p-bass $1600 moving to Ontario

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Scutterflux, Oct 19, 2004.

1. I'm moving to Ontario and my old lady's making me sell my bass to finance. :crying: My 71 fender precision, with a C neck, is all original except for the pots and wiring which were redone when I noticed someone else had replaced the pots with a couple of junky ones. It's been shielded and the ground loops have been wired out, therefore very quiet and great for recording. The pickups are still original as well as the bridge cover, tuning keys etc... The finish has that beat up fender vibe going for it, I get allot of compliments on how cool it looks. The neck is perfectly straight and has exceptional playability. There is fret wear but no buzzing is picked up. I think they might even be the original frets. Whoever gets this bass is getting a great sounding p, as well as one of the coolest looking ones I've ever seen.

I'll have to e-mail pics out to you, because I can never figure out how to post pics
  2. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Don't sell it. Ontario is not worth it. BC yes. Parts of Alberta, maybe. Ontario...nope.

How much for your old lady? :D
  3. The old lady! Well she's priceless, I'll be auctioning her on e-bay with high reserve. :D Ouch she just hit me :eek:

I forgot to mention it's sunburst, rosewood fretboard, alder body. original thumbrest and bridge and bridge cover. 71 didn't come with a pickup cover, but I have a replacement that I'll throw in. So again it's all original except the pots and wires. I noticed a little more definition after the pots and wires were replaced, allot like using a good patch cable as opposed to a poor one. Also the minor fret buzz, only on the g-string, that is not picked up by the pickup, can be avoided by raising the action or pressing more firmly on the g-string. It's really not an issue, but I'm sure whoever buys it doesn't want any suprises.
  4. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    ...lucy...you gonna be sorry...

you gonna be writing on TB in five years from now whining about this great bass you had that now costs $4000 to buy and you sold it for only $1600. (what a steal...can you imagine)

This is your conscience speaking. Ask me if I regret selling my 66 Jazz for CDN $700? And Ontario wasn't in the equation.

It's a tough call and I know what your up against. Good luck with the move. Wish I had the dough. It's been fun pulling ur chain. :D
  5. For everyone interested here are some pics of my bass!
    by the way the serial number is 303241

follow the link to the glorious pictures~! (sorry all I have is a web cam, making quality a little poor.)