1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F/S: 83' Fender Precision Elite II

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by willsellout, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I got this one in a trade a couple weeks ago and planned on keeping it. Unfortunately my daughter needs some dental work. I'm hoping I can raise most, if not all, of the money for her stuff by selling this beautiful bass. Not really interested in trades for obvious reasons...but...I am a musician and may be persuaded should the right deal come along.

Anyway these basses are fairly rare. They were only made for a couple of years, although I'm not sure why? They are killer. This bass has active electronics although it isn't your standard electronics package. It has a volume for each pickup and a master tone knob. It also has a 3 way selector switch for the pickups. The second switch is a "tone assign" switch. Basically you can use the tone knob on either pickup, or both together.

Also the tone knob isn't your ordinary tone knob either. There is a center detent on it. From the center detent, if you turn the knob counter clockwise, it acts as a regular tone knob. From the center detent clockwise it boosts treble response.

This bass also has the microtilt neck and a bridge that is probably one of the best thought out bridges I've come across.

Overall this bass is in great shape for a 27 year old instrument. Fretwork is clean with plenty of life. There are a couple battle scars but nothing major. In addition to the black pick guard, it also comes with the original white pick guard. Also comes with a non original case.

As far as the sound. With everything full on it has a lot of top end and a snappy presence. From there it can go from ballsy rock to funky jazz with a little switching and turning. I personally love the bridge pickup solo'd with the tone knob turned down a bit. Pure burp right there!
    It's got a lot of sounds available in a rather simple set of tone controls.

Here are a couple pics from my cell phone:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm looking to get 850.00 + shipping.

PM me with any questions!

Thanks!

Dan

2. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Good deal! This should sell at that price - I've seen them go higher.

Wish I could help you, but good luck.

3. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Wow!... Great Price! Great Bass!
    Sold mine old Crimson Burst one for much, much more.

For some strange reason, they don't get too much love here on TB. :confused:
    They're super versatile, and still have that P-Bass tone; even with the active PU's. Think Tina Weymouth ... nails her tone. Just plain ol' Tasty! :bassist:

If I had a need for a P-bass ... I wouldn't waste a minute to pull the trigger. (I'm pretty sure that one day I'll own another ... probably at a higher price).

Good Luck with the sale ... at this price, I can't imagine it won't get any love ... even here on TB. :)

4. was3funk

was3funk

Jul 3, 2006
    Colorado
    Bump for a great bass.

BTW - I had a black/rosewood elite II as my first bass, bought it on layaway from Sam Ash.

5. Send me a pm with your paypal and i will take it thanks

6. And this one is sold, for the asking price.

Thanks~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.