1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/S Accugroove El Whappo -Norcal local sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bpwb, Sep 8, 2008.

1. *** SOLD ***

For sale is a like new Accugroove El Whappo. I am the original owner and it has been out of my house a total of three times. It has never been driven hard. I love this cab but I have replaced this guy with an Accugroove Tri 115L and an Accugroove Tri 112L. Essentially it is a two part El Whappo. This cab only weighs 77 pounds which is lighter than almost any other cab of similar quality but I have a bad back and it is hard for me to lift it up into the back of my truck so I basically broke it into two parts. This cab is like new. Price is $1000 dollars. Local sale in Northern California, SF Bay Area. May be able to deliver or meet half way depending on where you are. E-mail me or PM with questions or to arrange a test drive. Photo is a stock photo but I can take some if needed. Thanks for looking!

2. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    I notice you have a Shuttle 6.0. How does Mr. Whappo sound with the Shuttle compared to other amps? I've heard it described as a hi-fi cab, and the Shuttle w/tube preamp provides its own unique coloration. Wondering how the two match. Thanks.

3. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    You have PM, Jeff.

4. I normally use my mesa M-Pulse 600 with the Whappo. I have however tried it with the Shuttle and also a Markbass Little Mark II. Both sound pretty good but the Shuttle requires a little more tweaking than the MB to get the sound you want but it is very doable. It is so hard to describe tone because everyine hears something different and it is so subjective. Tubes sound warmer for sure and the Shuttle is no exception. It is definitely prettier sounding than the Markbass but the Mesa makes it sound sweet. It all depends on what kind of music you play and how much volume you need versus articulation and tonal clarity. If you play metal, the shuttle with the Whappo is probably not a great choice but if you play jazz and solo a lot, it could be killer and anything in between. Really just depends on what you are looking for. There are countless posts here on TB that can provide you lots of insight. You just have to do a little digging. Sorry if that isn't too helpful.

JB

5. One more note. Although they are not for everyone, I find that (to my ears) the Accugroove cabinets are just some of the best out there in terms of total sound, playability, tonal quality, build quality, customer service, etc. Mark Wright is just a super guy and his cabinets are top notch. I am making a change but still sticking with them just to meet my specific needs.

JB

6. New day bump

7. Wednesday bump

8. Folmeister

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Now in the evil clutches of the Folmeister!

9. Good to know that it went to a good home!

10. Folmeister

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Thanks, Bill! And thank you, Jeff!