1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F/S: Acoustic 360 / 361

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Bridge Cables, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridge Cables

Bridge Cables Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Southern N C
    I have had this in the local ads due to my want of a local P/U, bad experiences with freight carriers in the past. Thought if any of the local TB’ers missed the ad I’d put it in the TB Classifieds. I am still going to keep it as a local P/U only. Not in any rush to lose that bad boy, although it is getting over my weight transport limit as I add on the years, lol. Looking for $1,900.

This one has been stored in an air conditioned home all these years, smoke free. You will be hard pressed to find an Acoustic 360 / 361 in such fine condition, no renovation project needed here. Yes I have the original owner’s manual, schematics, footswitch and covers.

Spec’s:

* 200 watts, 18” front loading folded horn cabinet design.
    * Preamp is in the head, amplifier and speaker in the cab, solid state circuitry. Speaker cab plugs into the top preamp which controls the off / on operation of both units.

The Preamp (Top Box):

*1 high gain input, (6dB lower), 1 low gain input
    * Amber power
    * One of the coolest features is the Variamp Control: 5 section EQ, position 1: 25 – 175 Hz, position 2: 75 – 150 Hz, position 3: 150 – 300 Hz, position 4: 300 – 600 Hz, position 5: 600 – 1200 Hz. The Variamp has a cut / boost control, straight up is out of circuit. A tremendous amount of tone shaping!
    * Bright switch
    * Volume control
    * Treble control
    * Bass control
    * Fuzz tone control, think Sly (Footswitch)
    * Electronic tuning fork: 5 ½ octave tone generator, it’s weird (Footswitch)
    * Ground reverse
    * Power off / on
    * 4 preamp outs to run up to 4 - 361 bottoms
    * Input for supplied footswitch, yes the original footswitch is there
    * 1 A/C outlet to power the 361 bottom

The Speaker Cab and Main Amp (Bottom Box):

* The speaker cab is in excellent condition
    * Grilles are in excellent shape
    * The big blue panel is there
    * Rear amber power light
    * 1 A/C outlet to power an additional 361 bottom
    * Speaker cab has 2 heavy duty rear casters, rear metal kick plate and 2 top pull handles and bottom support bar in front. All for easy transport and set up.

* Original covers for the head and speaker cab do have a few tears, closed with gaffers tape. Still does a good job of covering
    * Tolex is original and in excellent condition.
    * All hardware, knobs, are there and original. The power cord has been replaced, one rubber foot from the preamp is missing.

I had one of the best amp tech’s in town check it out, no problems, running / sounding Great!

BC ;)

Acoustic_1396_Comp.

Acoustic_1406_Comp.

2. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    OMFG! i've NEVER sen one that clean!

BUMP!

3. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    I understand your price now, it looks like it's in a music store when it first came out.
    Amazing.

4. Bridge Cables

Mar 23, 2003
    Southern N C
    Hey thanks guys for the prop’s. Considering some of the music stores, won’t mention any names, it may be cleaner, lol. It has only been gigged once back in ’72 in Jacksonville, FL. Corporate life jumped on me back then and that was that for me and the band. The amp just stayed in the house from relocation to relo with the covers on.

Finally got tossed out of corporate on my bum and wound up in a band again, lol, can’t believe it! But this rig and another I’ve got are just too heavy for me to start schlepping around. Love the sound, but the D-180G and the Mesa 1x15 are doing just great for what I’m playing at…. and a tad bit easier to carry around!

Like I said in the first post, I’m not in a hurry to get rid of it, more a collector’s piece, although it can definitely still do a gig. I had the tech that checked it out give it a good run since it was in a warehouse type repair center. They could open it up a little more than me at my house and for its age it’s strong, got a lot of attention from everyone there, doing a heck of a lot better than me at my age, LOL!!

I’ve got a closer preamp pic and back panel shot, but I think I am only allowed two pic’s per thread. Guess I can e-mail them if you want to take a look.

BC ;)

5. Sliderbass

Sliderbass Dr. Bass, The best cabinet you'll NEVER own!

Please put more up when you can!!!??

6. d180fuzz

d180fuzz C21H30O2

Jul 10, 2008
    West Los, CA
    Hey Bridge - what's a D-180G?

7. Bridge Cables

Mar 23, 2003
    Southern N C
    Here is a better shot of the preamp (model 360) and one of the back panel of the top preamp and also the lower amp / speaker cab (model 361).

Acoustic_1397 Comp.

Acoustic_1407 Comp.

The D-180G is a Mesa Boogie D-180 with the EQ, sorry about that, just what I always called it. The Mesa 1x15 is luggable, but the very old 2x15EV-L is not, 130 pounds, must be one of the first bass RR’s from Mesa, haven’t spotted one like it on TB yet, built like a tank though.

BC ;)

8. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    Yes, I had the D180 w/eq, and that beautiful 2-15 cab in a Mesa roadcase. Thick front cover that was held in place by velcro, built like a tank. That amp was absolutely incredible, I've never had anything that sounded so warm! (Except maybe my old Fender Studio Bass combo). I just got tired of moving the setup, the head seemed to weigh almost as much as the cab.
    Sorry to derail the Acoustic thread.

Man, if you lived in the great Northeast, I'd take that 360 in a heartbeat!

9. Man... talk about memories! I played through one of these when they first came out. I liked it so much, I eventually bought the newer version with the power amp in the head and the graphic eq. It never sounded as good to me, though.

10. d180fuzz

d180fuzz C21H30O2

Jul 10, 2008
    West Los, CA
    Thanks Bridge - I figured it out all by myself shortly after hitting the "submit" button...:meh:

11. Bridge Cables

Mar 23, 2003
    Southern N C
    Thought I’d do a price drop to $1,700. on the 360 / 361 and see what bubbles up. Still sounding great and in excellent, excellent condition! :D

Hey GaryLC, sounds like we have the same Mesa RR cab, commercial Velcro fasteners, has that old school terrific sounding EV-L’s without a tweeter, it just weighs in at 130 pounds, :eek: way too heavy for me nowadays, LOL!

BC ;)

12. Bridge Cables

Mar 23, 2003
    Southern N C
    After hearing from a higher power... :eek: from across the house about large boxes and cabinets that need to go, I’m going to give this a bump and a better price, $1,500. The head and cab are still in excellent, excellent shape, just about showroom clean! Fired it up yesterday and still sounding and playing great!

BC ;)

13. Holy Crap Dude!!!!

I am amazed this hasn't gone yet!

If you weren't 7 or so hours away.......:meh:

14. Bridge Cables

Mar 23, 2003
    Southern N C
    I figured having a local pickup would slow things down a tad, :eek: LOL! Least ways whoever wants it can definitely flip it on, give it a try and make sure it is what they are looking for. It is about as clean as they get, close to showroom without any worry of renovations. Even have the original owners manual, schematics, footswitch and both covers. Like I said in my first post, corporate got a hold of my tail at a tender age and my dreams of Rock Stardom (now LMAO) faded a tad! :D

BC ;)

15. Bridge Cables

Mar 23, 2003
    Southern N C
    Thought I’d bump this rig with a few better pictures of the pre.

BC ;)

R-Pre-106.

L-Pre-107.

16. Bridge Cables

Mar 23, 2003
    Southern N C
    I thought I’d give it a bump and post a couple side shots I never got around to. Fired up it up the other day plus plugged in the 2x15 in the 361 bottom powered output just for grins… think I hurt my neighbor’s house, :D

Been wanting a local P/U, but will be willing to travel / meet halfway up to an hour or better if there is a serious interest.

BC ;)

L Side-108 - Comp.

R Side-109 - Comp.

17. Cutty

Cutty

Jun 25, 2006
    U.K.
    I would just keep in in the house and look at it!!!!it's piece of art!if i lived in the USA i would travel from the east to west coast for it!!but i'm in the UK so,:crying:

18. Bridge Cables

Mar 23, 2003
    Southern N C
    Thanks Cutty, I would, but I keep getting ominous tones from my better half about, if I can’t clean and press the cab it is too heavy (big) to keep, :bag:! The 1x15 is safe, but even the 2x15 is on the block in town, 130 #’s, trying to keep it local or a reasonable meet ya halfway arrangement on both rigs, lol. At least I have a few lookers here in town.

BC ;)

Here's a couple more shots of the back...

Bk-125 - Comp.

Bk Panel-115 - Comp.

19. Bridge Cables

Mar 23, 2003
    Southern N C
    Still need to get this bad boy moved, my neighbors would appreciate it, :smug: so time for a price drop to $1,400.

BC ;)

20. Ugh....this is killing me.

I hate my cousin now for moving from Charlotte to flippin' Seattle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.