1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/S Alan Knight 58 P-bass Relic

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by GeneralElectric, Apr 29, 2010.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    This bass is my number 2 bass and it thumps and grinds like no other. Made by a British Luthier (Alan Knight) and comprised of Fender parts.

Reliced sunburst body and reliced jazz width maple maple neck. I think this has the 62RI Pickups in it. Really light weight and I don't want to get rid of it but I need cash pronto!

Bass has a bogus late 50s neck plate and a fake pencil stamp in the neck pocket as well as a fake Fender decal. These were on it when I got the bass.

Pictures soon!

$750+shipping

2. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    PM me some pics, please.

3. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I took some pictures, I'll be uploading them tonight when I get home from work. Here are some from when I got the bass

[​IMG]

4. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    Is the finish poly or nitro?

6. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I'm not sure. I think the body is the nitro Fender uses now on the AV series instruments (Poly over nitro)

I've owned a few relic'd basses before including Nash. This is one of the most realistic I've seen. My only quibble, is that from up close the bass side horn looks kinda fake to me.

7. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Ba ba bump it up

8. Aussie Mark

Aussie Mark I come from a land down under

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    Endorsing Artist: Fender; O'Neill Amps; Cave Passive Pedals
    Alan Knight does good work. I've owned two of his relics - one was custom made to my specs. He really focuses on the playability of his basses, much like Bill Nash (I own 3 Nashes). Alan has made basses for Slade and Florence & The Machine, among others. Here's a link to his Myspace page .... http://www.myspace.com/bigal024

9. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Thanks Mark. I like this bass more than I did my Nash and while it does sound really awesome (and it sorta matches the real wear and tear on my main Pbass) I have a crapload of P-basses and could rather use the money. I have a 67 P that sounds almost identical and I should be getting it back from repair soon.

10. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Bumpity

11. gnergaard

gnergaard Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    What is the neck profile on this bad boy?
    1&5/8ths"?

12. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Its 1.5 at the nut. Its jazz width, but isn't extremely shallow. Its a very comfy and broken in feeling neck.

13. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Bump

14. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    PM coming

15. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Bump. Sorry, no trades unless its really in my favor!

16. I just picked up an Alan Knight P-Bass (it came in on Friday) and if this one is anything like mine, you will NOT be disappointed!

Bump for Big Al!

17. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Thanks for the bump. I'd keep it, but I've already got a lot of P-basses and bills are piling up. This one just doesn't have sentimental value to me like some of my others. If this doesn't sell I won't be disappointed at all. I played it on Friday and had a blast.

18. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Bump.

19. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Bump. I don't have a scale but this is about 8.5lbs when using my other basses with a known weight for comparison.

20. This bass looks amazing, but I'm broke. So free bump in the hopes that someone will buy it and kill my GAS.