1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD F/S ASHDOWN ABM EVO 500 II Made In England

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Famous Shamus, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Famous Shamus

Famous Shamus Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    **SOLD** Well, I think I have too many amps around here...(not necessarily a bad thing,) but I want to free some money up for some other purchases. So on the block is my very clean
    ASHDOWN ABM EVO 500 II Made In England

I am currently rotating between a Genz-Benz Shuttlemax 9.2, and a '96 Trace Elliot AH600 SMX...with my Trace Elliot Hexavalve to cover my tube lust, so the Ashdown just sits....and that's a damn shame for such a great sounding amp.

This amp used to belong to Evan from Bass Northwest, until I bought it off him 3 years ago. I used it as my main gigging amp for a few months, until I found my Trace Elliot, and from there it was reduced to my backup amp, rarely seeing work. Since picking up the Genz, it never leaves my house.

I took it for a spin last night at rehearsal to make sure everything was in working order, and it still sounds killer! (Say Thankya). Price includes a nice cover, that Evan was nice enough to pass on to me.:D

Here's some specs:
    575W RMS
    7-band EQ
    Switchable active/passive input
    Tube/solid state preamp stages
    Subharmonic generator adds low-end reinforcement
    Front-mounted direct output with pre- and post-EQ switching
    FX loop
    Tuner output

This amp can get loud and will keep up with any band, but does not sacrifice tone...TONE MONSTER HERE! Say True!

570.00 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 US...slightly higher internationally (PM me so we can figure this out)...and now the pics, may it do ya!

DSC00794_zps7e833f7e.

DSC00790_zpsc83d1453.

DSC00791_zps17376fed.

DSC00792_zps3a61032a.

DSC00795_zps5f8e5c41.

2. Famous Shamus

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    Here's an answer to a question: the amp weighs 28 lbs. It's no micro amp, but the weight to output ratio is pretty damn good, IMO:D

3. Whump

Whump

Sep 19, 2010
    Portland, OR
    This is from the era when they were still made in England.. pretty sweet score for somebody. I'd actually like to get this to replace my EVO I ABM 300, but I don't have the funds right now. Free bump for a British Ashdown!

4. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Pretty much my favorite amp ever. I wish I hadn't sold mine, but alas I have to sacrifice ideal tone for space and portability in my situation.

5. Famous Shamus

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.