1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/S Bass (and guitar) Wahs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by GeneralElectric, Apr 29, 2010.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I have two Wah pedals up for grabs. I need to get rid of these quick to raise funds.

The first is a guttermouth electronics modified Vox crybaby wah to make it more suitable for bass. Great shape. I think it has velcro on the bottom (need to double check) it has all the feet although its missing two of the screws for them so they're not attached. The previous owner had it mounted to a pedal board and didn't have the feet on. I then had it mounted to my pedal board. Its a great sounding wah. Comes with the Vox carry case.
    $50 plus shipping.

Next up is a DeArmond Weeper Wah model 1802. Supposedly my uncle stole this from a famous guitar player at the Record Plant in the late 60s although I can't find any record of the guy using it. My uncle used to own another studio 2 blocks over called the Vinegar Works. I use it for bass although its a fantastic guitar wah. Picture a regular strat sound, and then picture the Voodoo Chile strat sound. That should give you an idea of how it sounds and who the guitar player supposedly was.
    But then again, my uncle did a lot of drugs. I was given this pedal a couple of years ago by my dad, who got it from his brother (my uncle) and I heard the story when he was up for a visit in NYC recently and saw the pedal on top of my amp. I've gotten other cool stuff from him before (a B15 and a early 70s Ric among them)

When I see these for sale they pop up for around $100 bucks. Letting this one go for $80 plus shipping.

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Vox is gone!

3. bmxican33

bmxican33

Sep 17, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    duddeeee hahahaha im really considering grabbing this one on craigslist.. $25! haha it looks horrid, but from what im hearing, its definately worth a try for $25

4. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    this thread is over three years old.