Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

F/S Bolin Steinberger 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassinstincts, Feb 1, 2006.

1. bassinstincts

bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    These low-rez, glaring pictures don't do justice to this bass which is exceptionally cool looking (I'll take more, better pix on request). Also sounds great, but I am vastly over-bassed at this moment and something has to go.

Black finish but can appear to have a dark purple cast. Nicely figured top (wood?) shows through.

Single EMG in the sweet spot gets great tonal range in combination with piezos in bridge and bass, treble and mid range pots. Light, thin, well balanced, very resonant body with Steinberger strap hanger. Currently strung E-C, but 35 inch scale gave a great B sound previously. Body originally matte finish which became shiny in spots from finger oils. Had the body refinished in poly by Bolin.

Great neck with reasonably tight string spacing. Playability and speed suits me (even though I have big hands), but may be of less interest to diehard slappers. This was the only negative Bass Player raised in a rave a couple of years ago.

In mint condition except for one very blemish (not a dent or ding) on the edge of the neck and a microscopic pinhole on the edge of the headstock. I hadn't even notice it until giving the bass a clinical going over. OHSC also in great shape.

These sell new for about 3Gs. I will take $1900 firm. Paypal if buyer splits the commission. No trades, thanks.

2. bassinstincts

bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    As someone pointed out (saving me embarrassment by doing privately on an email) my pricing was out of date. Bolin has started to sell basses direct and this bass is now available on ebay for $1950 (no mention is made of whether a case is included). Hence, I would take $1350 shipped in the lower 48.

P.S. Weight of the bass 7.5 lbs. Body is alder with a maple top.

3. bassinstincts

bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    This bass has gone to ebay where it may or may not attract an offer at a $1200 "buy it now" price. (Amazing instrument, but the Bolin name doesn't seem to turn many heads). In any event, I have a few more representative photos if anybody wants to see them.

4. bassinstincts

bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    I will be happy to keep this bass if the market speaks. But as a final incentive, just (today) put on a new set of Low Riders. Shipped in the lower 48 for $900. New price is $1950Speak now or forever...

5. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Fife, WA
    I want it, but I can't right now - can I get back to you shortly on this?

6. email (s) sent :bag:

7. bassinstincts

bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    Email and PM sent

8. eunchang

eunchang

May 12, 2004
    Seoul, Korea
    PM sent. Hope you don't mind dealing with a foreigner.

9. bassinstincts

bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    Have responded to all emails and PMs. Deal pending.

10. bassinstincts

bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    to drivenmore.