1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F/S: Carvin R600 Series III

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jtl1380, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtl1380

jtl1380

Oct 12, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    Up for sale is a Carvin R600 Series III amp. Condition is fair. Amp works fine, but there is a bit of distortion on the low end (common issue with these amps). Still sounds punchy and full, just not what I'm after at this point (plus I just got a new Ashdown rig that I am loving).

Plenty of power for almost every application, this goes all the way down to 2 ohms in bi-amp mode (300w/amp section into two 2 ohm cabs or 250w/amp section into two 4 ohm cabs or the full 600w bridged into one 4 or two 8 ohm cabs). Here's a link to the user's manual from Carvin's site: http://www.carvinservice.com/crg/manuals/r600-r1000-seriesiii.pdf

Since I've got the new rig, this is now just taking up space and I need it gone, so the price is $125 + actual shipping. Paypal or USPS money order accepted.

Thanks for looking!

2. JeffLieby

JeffLieby

Dec 25, 2007
    Orange, TX
    PM'ed ya

3. jtl1380

jtl1380

Oct 12, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    PM replied

4. jtl1380

jtl1380

Oct 12, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    TTT

5. jtl1380

jtl1380

Oct 12, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    After playing through the amp into my new 4 ohm cab, I realized that part of the issue with the distortion I was getting was b/c the bridge mode switch had gotten depressed somehow and I was plugging the cab into the bi-amp output (still not sure why they designed this with a separate bridged output, recessed "Bridge" button on the back, and a Full/Bi-amp button on the front). Once I plugged into the bridged output w/ bridge mode enabled and the button on the front set to "Full" not "Bi-amp" I got nice full tone with very, very minimal distortion on the low end. Tried switching everything back to bi-amp mode, and the tone was much, much better than before, albeit a lot less powerful (250w compared to 600w bridged).

If you're wondering why I didn't check this first, the answer is because I'd never actually played the amp in bridged mode, therefore, I never engaged the button in the back of the amp that is recessed so you need a pen or something to press it. Gremlins I guess...

Anyway, now this is an even better deal!!!

6. jtl1380

jtl1380

Oct 12, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    Some interest, but nothing solid yet. TTT we go!

7. jtl1380

jtl1380

Oct 12, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    Local deal pending, on hold

8. jtl1380

jtl1380

Oct 12, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    Sold locally. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.