1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/S Cheap Projects

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by GeneralElectric, Apr 28, 2010.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    First up is an Ibanez TR50. Its an awesome bass and one of my favorites due to the aggressive grinding tone and light weight. Its a starter pack bass originally I think.

Info about this bass:
    I got it last year and when I did, it was strung BEAD. I got this from my friend Eddie who was maybe the 7th owner of this bass. I was told it was upgraded and modified, although I'm not sure of the nature of the mods. I was told there was a replaced pickup and pots, but I'm not sure what they are. When Eddie got it (the first time) he had spray painted the body (don't ask me why) and then sold it to a friend of his who stripped it (which is why there is no Ibanez logo on the headstock although you can see the outline as to where it once was) and made it blue burst. Its an amateur job, but it looks good from a few feet away.

All the strings were ungodly dead when I got the bass and I changed the strings to light gauge rounds. Its strung EADG now. Unfortunately it now rattles like a mother ****er as the strings are too small. You'd need to either restring this BEAD or get a new nut for it.

This is why I'm calling this bass a project as you cannot play it as is. I've played it through an amp before and the rattle wasn't noticable, but I could hear it acoustically and it pisses me off. I haven't had time to do this bass right and I really need the money.

Its got a fair bit of player where, including some dings on the top of the neck that don't affect playability as your hand doesn't typically go there.

Hows $90 plus shipping sound?

The second is an old Hondo II. Its a beautiful looking bass that I bought as a project but I need money. Looking to get what I got it for as its just sat since I received it.

$80 shipped.

Links to pictures of the Hondo and the original thread here.

2. can you email or PM pics?

3. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
  4. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

Solid wood body or plywood on the Hondo?

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    No idea honestly. I don't really know anything about this bass. I just fell in love with the birdeye in the neck. I was planning on modding it to hook up the EMG but Ive had it a month now and its just been sitting in the corner as I stalled on getting a new pickguard.

6. dlegault

dlegault

Nov 11, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    pm on hondo

7. RedsFan75

RedsFan75

Apr 26, 2007
    Cincinnati
    A few drops of super glue in the nut can help you re-size it.

8. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Hondo looks to be gone.

Thanks for the tip RedsFan, I'm half tempted to try it.

9. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    DSCN0270.
    DSCN0271.
    DSCN0272.

10. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    SON OF A ...!!! Missed that Hondo again!!!!!!!!!!! If dlegault doesn't take it I will!!

11. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Bump. Hondo is gone

12. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Bump for a great Ibanez!

13. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    no idea what the pickup is?

total, shipped, to 64110?

14. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Not sure what the pickup is. I could pull it and take pictures as I haven't opened the bass up at all. I'm guessing around $20 to ship it.