1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/S Custom 4 String Bass Build -Fender-ish

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bpwb, Mar 23, 2009.

1. *** SOLD ***

For sale is a fresh bass build that I just finished. This bass started with an unfinished Warmoth Dinky J bass body in Swampash. I routed the pickup cavities for the Bartolini soapbar pickups. I reshaped the heel of the neck and increased the radius in the lower horn area for better more ergonomic access to the frets in the high registers for soloing. Much like what you would find on a Mike Lulll bass. I then sent it off to Pat Wilkins (national recognized top notch guitar finisher) for Vintage white paint. The paint job on this thing is awesome. I then added a Fender USA standard Jazz maple neck with 1.5" nut width, 9.5 inch radius and rosewood fingerboard. The neck is secured to the body with a tight neck pocket fit and recessed neck screw ferrules as opposed to a neck plate. That makes for a very smooth access to the upper frets with no neck plate to get in the way. I then added a tortoise pickguard and a traditional control plate with black knobs. I have chrome knobs too if you prefer those. I then added a Glockenklang three band preamp. It has volume, balance, midrange, stack knob bass/treble and a push pull on the volume knob for active/passive switching. The tuners are Fender Hipshot chrome lightweight tuners. The bridge is a standard spacing chrome Hipshot A Style bridge. The jack is a Tele recessed jack and it has recessed Dunlop stap locks. This bass is professionally done, is mint and top notch all the way. I would put this bass up against any Sadowsky bass or any other high end bass along those lines. It has killer tone, lots of tonal variability, awesome lows due to the larger magnets in the soapbar pickups, very sweet highs and great midrange punch. This bass really can cut through. Modern sounding with still some of that traditional Fender tone. The cavities are painted with shielding paint and with the Glockeklang preamp it is absolutely dead quiet. No buzz or hum what so ever. The setup is low and sweet. Really an awesome bass. I have over $1600 invested, sacrifice for $1200 or best offer. E-mail me with any questions or offers. Not interested in trades unless you have a 5 string Roscoe LG-3005 you want to trade plus cash from me. I accept PayPal. Thanks for looking!

2. More pics

3. even more pics

4. last one

5. Tuesday afternoon bump.

Make me an offer, you never know what I might accept!

6. Wednesday bumperoo

7. Gab124

Gab124 The path is greater than the destination

Dec 30, 2006
    Tulsa
    you have any recordings with this instrument? Can you make a comparison of the tone and what it may be similar to?
    Thanks for any information on the "sound" of the bass. I play a warwick and I am looking for a more traditional jazz tone, not sure what to expect out of this.
    Thanks again,

8. Working on a recording right now for you. PM me your e-mail address and I will shoot you an mp3 or two or three.

Jeff

9. Thursday bump with sound clips now available. PM me with your e-mail address and I can mail them to you.

JB