1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/S: DiMarzio Pickups No Name P-bass Body, American Fender P-bass Pickguard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by thisSNsucks, Sep 13, 2008.

1. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    DIMARZIO'S ARE SOLD!!!

Here's a No name P-bass style body I bought for a Project that never happened. I have no idea what kind of wood it is. It already has a sealer on it. IMPORTANT, THIS BODY DOES NOT ACCEPT FENDER NECKS WITHOUT MODIFICATION. The neck pocket needs to be widened and or Reshaped.

BODY IS SOLD!!!

Lastly is a Parchment Fender American Series Pickguard. Hardly used, but there is one tiny scratch on it. The scratch is on the lower part of the guard to the right of the control knobs. Its shielded and still has the inspection tag on it.

Asking $20.00 shipped to the Continental US. Paypal or Money Order.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

If you have any questions please shoot me a PM. Thanks for looking!

2. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    bumpity bump bump

3. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    PM sent on the DiMarzio's

4. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Bump, anyone want a cheap project? just shoot me an offer!

5. FatStrings

FatStrings

Nov 16, 2001
    Southern NH
    PM sent on the P body.

6. lowtide

lowtide Commercial User

Oct 14, 2006
    Bradenton, Florida
    Owner: Buzzard's Bass Shop
    This in no way means a jump into FatStrings PM . . . I'm just curious about the pickguard holes, specifically if that Fender American Series Pickguard fits those holes in the body. Was it mounted? I think it would be strange that a Fender PG would fit but a neck would not.

Okay, a 2nd and 3rd question: have you tried a jazz neck in the pocket? What's the width of the pocket at the widest point?

Thanks, Brian

7. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    To answer your first question. No. The pickguard does not line up with the holes in the body. All the holes in the body were predrilled.

2nd question answer: Jazz and Precision necks have the same heel dimensions so it doesn't matter which type of neck you try to put on there.

3rd question answer: 2-1/2" at the widest point. Thats Fender spec but it appears that the taper is slightly narrower on this bass body than on a Fender body. The narrowest point measures 2-11/32"

8. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Only the pickguard is left. Anybody want it?