1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F/S EBMM Sterling 5 HS & Fender American Deluxe Precision V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by KevinMG, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevinMG

KevinMG Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    I’ve come to accept the reality that I own way too much gear for a hobbyist without a band, and I have no need so many 5 strings, regardless of how beautiful they are. I’ve also been getting behind my drumkit again, and could use some of the money to redistribute to that department. I’m hopeful these beauties will make their way to a good home amongst the TB community. I know I’m new to selling here, but you can check out ‘kevdrum’ on eBay and see that I’m legit. I am PayPal verified and can/will accept credit cards. If you want to pay through money order or check, the bass will ship upon funds clearing. I’d prefer to not deal with international shipping, but if you’re interested PM me and we can discuss. I’m not looking for trades at this time.

DSC_0001.jpg

2009 EBMM Sterling 5 HS – Trans Orange/Maple/Matching Headstock… and Orange Swirl pickguard

First at bat is my 2009 EBMM Sterling 5 HS in a gorgeous Transparent Orange finish with a very cool Orange Swirl pickguard that pictures can’t do just justice. I purchased this from Bass Central it in Oct 09 and have played it minimally in my smoke free home. It’s in absolute mint condition. I just changed the strings to D’Addario XL-170s and it sounds amazing. It’s no featherweight at a solid 10.4 lbs on my digital bathroom scale. Plays great, sounds like a Sterling does, and is a great representation of EBMM quality fit and finish. Includes the unused OHSC.

I’m asking $1350 shipped to the continental US, originally paid $1799 and now see they’re going for more on some sites. I have the original packing materials from Bass Central so it’ll be packed perfectly in the OHSC. NO TRADES please.

2004 Fender American Deluxe Precision V – Amber/Pau Ferro - SOLD

This one is going to be harder to let go. It’s the first bass I special ordered and bought new. I bought this at Jim’s Music in Irvine CA back in 2004 (Serial # is DZ4...). It too never gets played but sounds great. As you all know this is the discontinued model with the Bill Lawrence humbucker. It’s in near mint condition. The pickguard has some scuffing from dust but nothing major. It has never left my house and I’ve routinely cared for the finish over the years. This is about as close to a custom shop quality as it gets – and that’s quoting those who’ve done the setups over the years. Weight is about 9.6 on my digital bathroom scale. I’m including the OHSC, actually a brand new Fender molded case from my 08 ADJV. I have a brown w/orange plush G&G case I bought for it separately that I’d be willing to include for another $100.

One note of disclosure – I had the humbucker replaced last year with a factory original. Turned out the original was shorted and only running on one line of poles. All work professionally done by a Fender Gold Repair shop here in NJ and was set up perfectly too. Made all the difference.

I’m asking for $1200 shipped to the continental US. Not sure I’ll let this one go, but it deserves to be played.

Plenty of high res pics are available and will get posted if possible. Contact me if you're interested and thanks for looking.

Sterling5 Pics
    100_1417.jpg
    100_1420.jpg
    100_1421.jpg
    100_1422.jpg
    100_1425.jpg

ADPV Pics (SOLD)
    100_1429.jpg
    100_1432.jpg
    100_1431.jpg
    100_1435.jpg
    100_1434.jpg

Attached Files:

2. line6bassist

line6bassist Supporting Member

May 16, 2009
    san antonio/austin
    wow...gotta luv that sterling

3. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Bump. Added pics. PMs responded to. Thanks for the trade offers but not looking for trades at this time

4. The ADPV is a steal. I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

5. Barry Demay

Barry Demay

Feb 18, 2009
    Akron, Ohio
    If my Jon Hill bass sells, that Fender is mine!

6. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Deal pending for the ADPV.

Sterling5 is still available.

7. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    bump for the Sterling5

8. Barry Demay

Barry Demay

Feb 18, 2009
    Akron, Ohio
    A little Fender love, looks like I came back 20 hours too late!

9. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Barry. I will let you know if anything changes with the ADPV.

10. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    ADPV is sold!

Sterling5 is still available.

11. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Bump for the Sterling5... really thought there'd be more interest in her. Anyone??

12. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Interested in a Tobias Killer B 6 for the Sterling?

13. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Preference is for a straight sale. Thanks.

14. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Tues night bump

15. Squiggy

Squiggy

Sep 7, 2010
    If it ever boils down to a trade , I have a vertually unplayed dw collectors kit as well as an Ayotte kit thats mint. You have way to many basses I have way to many drums sets. I am not a dealer just a guy with a drum problem.
    Regards
    Paul

16. FromTheBassMent

FromTheBassMent Those who can, play bass.

Jan 19, 2010
    Providence, RI
    That trans orange/maple combo is eye-popping... pictures don't do it justice.

Bump for a bass I would buy if I had money blah blah blah....

:rolleyes:

17. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks. I have a drum problem too. Seperate issue :) love my kit and have cymbal sets for different styles so I'm set there.

Thinking of splitting the listing. Perhaps people are distracted by the ADPV?

18. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Closing this thread. ADPV sold. Taking the Sterling5 off the market for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.