1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/S Eden Navigator - USA made

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Jason_A, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Jason_A

Jason_A

May 26, 2009
    Marion, IA
    I hate doing this, but I'm putting my Navigator up for sale. I bought it here a few years ago, and its been in a rack used at church since then. I love this preamp, but its way overkill for what we need. The knobs and buttons intimidate our other bass players who consequently don't ever adjust anything, so we're moving to a simpler preamp. That said, the preamp really isn't difficult to operate, and its hard to get a bad sound out of it. Extremely versatile, and a very useful compressor. We use IEM's, so it's always been run direct to the board and sounds great. We've also used it for recording, and again the recording direct out works great.

Overall the preamp is in great shape for its age (if I read the date correctly it was built in 2001). A few of the pots have a little scratchiness to them - only noticeable when you're adjusting, not an issue once its set (I have a feeling that's because they haven't been touched in years). I suspect the crossover pot was changed at some point's as its the only control that doesn't have detents. Cosmetically it's in pretty good shape - no scratches, nicks or dents on the front or back panels.

I checked that all of the knobs and buttons work, and all of the XLR outputs and tuner output work. I didn't check the zillion loop in/outs, but I have no reason to believe they wouldn't be working correctly. I think there have been some different versions of the tube circuit in the Navigator - this one is very subtle.

Also included is the 4 button footswitch (tuner mute, compressor bypass, enhance bypass, turbo boost) as well as the midi cable to connect it.

http://www.eden-electronics.com/info/manuals/pdf/WP100MANUAL2003.pdf

I'm asking $450 shipped and paypal'd.

Crappy cell phone pics - I'll try to get some better pics tonight.

IMG_20120625_184216.

IMG_20120625_184159.

IMG_20120625_184307.

IMG_20120625_182731.

2. v-grooves

v-grooves

Sep 20, 2008
    Clearwater, FL
    The Aviom is a dead give-away that your preamp has been used in a house of Worship.....:) What a great place to use that Eden ......praising Him.

Lissen up people.....the USA made Eden electronics are far and wide better than the off-shore components that are being offered nowadays. If I didnt already have one, I would grab this .....It is (in my opinion) one of the top 3 preamps available to us working players.

Good luck with your sale.

Vince

3. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Sacramento area
    Heck I'd like to grab this just to have a back up. My tube of glue is a bit empty at the moment though.

Shameless Navigator luv bump anyway.

4. Jason_A

Jason_A

May 26, 2009
    Marion, IA
    Yep, we started using the Avioms a few years ago and it's honestly the best investment we've made toward improving our sound, along with putting the drummer in a box. We used to throw a solid 85dB off the stage, which was terrible from a sound guy's point of view - he had almost no control over the sound, an dit was all just a muffled mess. Now with an almost silent stage, they have great control. We're not really running any quieter overall than we used to, but the quality of the sound is a million times better.

And to keep on topic, this preamp has worked great in conjunction with the IEMs. Yeah, it's kind of an expensive DI box, but a great sounding and very versatile DI box ;)

5. Quackhead

Quackhead

Jan 17, 2012
    Elk Grove, CA
    This is a great preamp. If I wasn't looking for a change from the Eden sound, I'd be all over this one.

6. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Sacramento area
    This preamp is nothing like a WTDI. In fact I believe its quite better in nearly every way.

7. datsaxguy

datsaxguy

Oct 28, 2008
    Maryland
    Bump for the best and most versatile pre ever. I will never part w/ my Navigator.

8. dbsfgyd1

dbsfgyd1

Jun 11, 2012
    Richmond , Va
    Did you get the Buttkicker to go with i your Avioms? I have one at our Church. It's like having a wall of SVTs, or Eden power amps cranked. At a low B, your eyeballs will vibrate to the point you can't read your charts. Your bassists will love you for it. All they have to do is stand on it......