1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD F/S Eden WT-405

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Rapisme, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Although now discontinued, these remain popular units, and some folks (including me) think they are among the very best amps Eden ever made. All solid state, but use of a high-end chip in the preamp, and a "warmth" button, with settings adjustable by setscrew, lets you dial in some grit. There are also pushbuttons to activate a "loudness" function, that boosts highs or lows to get to flatter sound at low volume (ah, the Fletcher-Munson curve!), and an excellent compressor circuit.

Another great feature is the ability to run 2-ohm loads, comfortably:

WT405 Specs
    Power 8Ω/4Ω/2Ω 250/405/620W RMS
    Power Mono Bridge N/A
    Distortion <.05%
    Frequency Response 10Hz - 15KHz ±2dB
    Headroom 3db
    Dimensions 13"W x 3.5"H x 12"D
    Weight 15 LBS

Also includes a LOT of useful features, including headphone jack, two inputs (great for teaching) and speaker output defeatable from front panel (great for headphone practice).

This one also includes the rack ears, and it is in great condition. Based on the back panel markings, it also looks to have been made in the original Eden factory before they moved production elsewhere, and ultimately moved it to China.

Selling only because I'm needing to seriously trim the herd and seriously in need of cash

Best compressor to boot.
    Original packaging, manual, unfilled warranty card..This unit is as close to new as you can get.
    Asking[DEL] $540.00[/DEL] $490.00shipped. Thanks, but no trades - this is a sale."Designed and engineered by Eden USA / Assembled in China...." So Technically it's the WT-405D

2. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Pix

3. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    What year was it manufactured?
    Are you original owner?
    Was it racked all the time?

Thanks

4. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Hey 2nd owner but I may have well have been the 1st. Basically the previous owner brought 2 kept the one he sold in the box the whole time. I'm not seeing a production date except the serial number which I'll post a pic of shortly. Kept in a rack them whole time I had it. No scratches, dings or dents! Mint as mint can be.

5. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Back pics

6. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    I recently scored one of these heads locally (sorry man! :bag:), and really like it a lot. After the requisite small investment in time all new stuff takes to 'get with', I have found this little booger to be the punchiest amp I've probably ever played. Bam!... right in the chest, even at low-volume band rehearsals.

My more general impression after a month or so is that it's a very 'balanced', powerful-but-articulate sounding amp, with plenty of sonic character to manipulate/capitalize on: Rich, tube-like tone, and there are lots of jacks to buss signal around to alternative configurations. Super-utility...

Concerning the limited eq section: The seemingly peripheral 'Comp', 'Enhance', 'Dynamic Boost' (for bass and treble, respectively), 'High Gain' and 'Warm' toggles are all there for a reason, and they all do something useful. :cool:

The 'Bass' eq knob, by the way, offers the extra-cool feature of an impressively deep sensation of subtle-yet-imposing authority, and I've discovered what I really sound like: Subtle, yet imposingly authoritative!! :p

'Tis a high-end piece, which should become evident after plugging in and letting fly...

So, Bump...

7. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    Why is this still here?! Man, if I already didn't own one...

8. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    I'd have bought it for back-up, but I've used my allowance. :)

9. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    "Designed and engineered by Eden USA / Assembled in China...."
    Sorry for any confusion......

10. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Thanks Count.. These are great units but spent too much of my allowance.

11. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Making choices. I always say you can have everything- just not all at the same time! I've been working on that basis since 1961... ;)

12. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Thanks Count!

Yep what tha man said is correct!

13. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Pmd

14. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    This is the Bomb, kids...

15. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Guys!!! you heard the man..

This is a great head?? Why is it still here??

16. DrZ

DrZ Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2009
    South Florida
    Bump for my favorite David Eden Amp overall for superb sound quality, versatility, & power in a small package. I'd buy this in a minute if i had $$ I regret selling mine...GLWS

17. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    :scowl: Dunno. All the people who come to this site, and you still have this. Well, maybe it's a blessing in disguise?

Last weekend me and my WT-405-based rig killed 'em all. There they all were after we were done, laying there on the dance floor, dead. Killed 'em. :bassist: :p

This will be a missed opportunity for many. Too bad. I won't sell them mine after they've missed out, either. :bag:

18. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    TTT

19. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Bump

20. projectapollo

projectapollo Supporting Member