1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD F/S EDWARDS (ESP) 4 STRING - Dead Mint! $900 OBO

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by shadowmac, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDWARDS (ESP) E-110B 4 STRING BASS

FLAWLESS!!! REDUCED! *** 850.00 *** Shipped to Continental U.S.

This is an EDWARDS, MADE BY ESP with the same standards and care as the higher end ESP guitars and basses.

DO NOT confuse this with ESP's less expensive LTD line; the EDWARDS line is custom shop quality.
    This is the E-BT-110B-SB, the SB is for “Satin Blue”. The specs are as follows:

BODY: Ash
    NECK : Hard Maple & Walnut - 9 Piece
    FINGERBOARD : Ebony , 24frets
    SCALE : 34 inch
    JOINT : Neck-Thru-Body
    PICKUPS : Front - Seymour Duncan SJB-3n
    Rear - Seymour Duncan SJB-3b
    CONTROL :Front Volume , Rear Volume, Master Tone , Dual Mode Switch
    BRIDGE : Custom Bass Bridge

The ebony fretboard is exquisitely crafted, lean and fast. It displays offset abalone dot inlays with smaller mother-of-pearl dots inside the abalone. The dual mode switch pushes in and out, which allows you to choose to run the pickups in parallel or in series / customized settings. As you can see from the photos, the bass is gorgeous. The body resembles an ESP horizon; it has a scalloped lower cut-away for EASY access to the 24th fret, fantastic balance when standing or sitting and flat-out awesome tone. There is not a single blemish or any sign of use – IT IS MINT!

I purchased this bass directly - You get an "AS NEW" bass without paying for shipping, customs fees, top of the line IBANEZ case (which fits the bass much better than the ESP case) a full professional setup and new DR HighBeam strings. I have over $1400 invested. The EDWARDS E-FR-120B, which took the place of this bass, and which I don’t like nearly as much, currently goes for $1200 without shipping, customs, case, DR’s and setup. A comparable bass in this price range is impossible to find.

If this were a 5 string, there is NO WAY I'd let it go.

I'm only selling because I rarely play 4's anymore. I kept this one because it's the nicest, most comfortable 4 I've ever owned.

Shipping to continental USA only. I prefer payment to be made via PayPal, but I will accapt a cashier’s check or money order.

I have little feedback on TB, but you can check my feedback on eBay; (shadowmac), I have 350+ transactions with 100% positive feedback. You can buy with confidence.

I started at $900 shipped, granted I only pulled $50 but I priced it WAAAAY low to begin with for a quick sell. I am stunned.....
    YOU WILL NOT FIND A BETTER BASS UNDER A GRAND, PERIOD.

REDUCED to $850 Shipped CONUS only.

At $850 shipped, with everything I have into this bass, I'm taking a hit of over $500.

As of 5-20-09 she went on consignment in a well known local shop for $850 without the case. Until she sells there, She's still available to TB-ers WITH the case for the same $.

2. oh............... god................... damn...................... you.........................

3. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I just wanted to add to Shadowmac's credibility.

He just bought a cabinet from me and he was really a great guy to deal with. He is just a really nice guy.;)

4. Shadow... if you're serious.. it makes sense to send it up on a Greyhound.. OR find someone going to Thuderbay and ship it from the CDN side.

I know this sux.. helps a ton.

5. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    You found this one on ebay right?

6. I did in fact find it on eBay (almost 2 years ago now) - but I am the original owner, I bought it directly from a dealer in Japan. I Wikipedia Edwards guitars. They are way above the LTD line. Make me an offer.

7. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    Oh man if I hadn't just got my 5 strings ESP I'd be very tempted.Free bump for you.

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    What's the weight, and the nut width?

9. Week-end Bump

The weight of the bass is exactly 8 pounds.

The nut is 1.5 inches.

Thanks for the interest.

New ones are going for $1200 PLUS shipping and customs ($180).

I'm taking over a $500 hit on this bass (and it was a good deal when I bought it) and still no takers? I am stunned..... I can't believe that a bass of this quality at this price has not been snatched up.

This truly is a heck of a deal.

She's now hanging behind a counter on a local store's wall on consignment for $850 without the case.

Until she sells there, I'll let her go to a TB-er for $850 (WITH case) shipped Continental U.S.

10. Bump for the Mac Daddy

11. Thursday 6-25-09. Bump.

SUMMERFEST opens today!!! The Largest music festival in the world right here in Milwaukee - 10 days, 12+ stages! Headliner at the Ampitheater this evening is BonJovi.

Okay, back to business.

Thanks DR! Great Bassist there folks! Definitely check out the SSS stuff!

DR Burko has actually seen this bass in person! He calls it my "Cookie Monster Blue" bass!

Okay. Price now at $800 shipped to a TB-er. For the love of Pete, make me an offer or a trade deal (5 strings only please). I'm only selling this because I don't play 4's anymore.

I'm specifically interested in a Peavey USA Cirrus 5 in Tiger Eye. My bass pluss cash????

PM's answered. Keep 'em coming.

12. Had it up for $750 - bass is as new.

No takers.

I'll keep it.

Thanks for looking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.